Catacombs and Creepy Creatures

Group Pov

      After Freya regains her strength they enter the catacombs. The inside was just as old and decrepit as the outside. The walls were made of sandstone and were covered in dried-out roots. The only source of light was the torches that spread down the length of the halls. They could hear the distant groaning and screaming of the undead. "It could be completely infested in here, we need to be on our guard" Delgan warned cautiously. Rose drew her bow in response. "An army of undead? The lich is definitely down here" Rose deduced. "So is Sylvie" Freya added. They walked further into the catacombs. The hall ends with a long stone spiral staircase going further down. There were plaques filling the walls with many different names of the fallen. The further down they went, the louder the noises got.

    When they reached the bottom, they were rewarded with a massive horde. Not yet spotted, they had a decision to make. Fight through it or find a way around. They could see the large open area had a stone sarcophagus in it. It, along with several others, was busted open and empty. The missing bodies obviously didn't go far. In the center of the room was the horde. Rose steps forward and stretches her arms and neck. "Look, the more we get rid of now, the less we'll have to deal with later." she decided with a menacing grin. Her hand instantly began to glow orange as she channeled the fire within her. Before she could take a step, Delgan blocked her. "We shouldn't waste our powers on some ancient ghouls. They're weak. We need all our strength for the lich" he advised. Rose nodded her head in acceptance, her hand returning to normal. "Fine, I have something else I could use" she adds with a smirk. Rose pulls out one of her special arrows.

     Most of Rose's arrows are handcrafted. They were mainly simple. Wooden, sharp, sleek, and light. But amongst them Rose crafted special arrows. At the tip of these arrows, were a casing that held gunpowder. Rose made it so that her fire could safely coat the outside of the case until it collided with its target. Upon impact, the case breaks apart which lets the fire seep inside. This causes a huge explosion that spreads gunpowder in the air. The spreaded gunpowder becomes inflamed and so begins the rain of fire.

     Rose had hardly used this arrow because of how destructive it was. Her hand twitched in excitement. She aimed her inflamed exploding arrow at an old broken chandelier just above the horde. Rose focused her fire on the tip of her arrow. Satisfied seeing the case catch on fire, Rose took a deep breath and released the arrow. It soared above the horde and collided with the chandelier. With a loud bang, the case cracked open. The chandelier crashed to the ground, smashing a few undead, and the gun powder instantly caught on fire. It was like hell fell from the heavens and was coming straight for the horde. "Burn them all'' whispered Rose to her flames. On command, the fire spread all around the horde. The putrid smell of burning fleshed both nauseated and excited something deep within her. The undead screeched as the flames threatened to turn them into dust. The fire grew bigger as the moans from the undead grew quieter, and it all made Rose's smile grow wider.

     As Rose celebrated, a dark mist crept from within the tunnels behind the scorching flames. It slithered its way to the seared corpses, wrapped itself around bodies, and merged them together. The dark mist contorted and twisted them into a monstrous unknown creature giving it new life. Its eyes were pitch black as if its soul was no longer there. It had long arms and legs that were layered with massive spikes and what was supposed to be nails were replaced with sawlike claws itching for a chance to rip them apart. Limbs hung from multiple places and directions. You could hear the groans of the undead that were melded inside the creature's body. It stood hunched but was massive as it straightened its body. The creature leaned back taking in air before letting out a screeching roar. "ARGHH" it challenged. Though it was a decayed mess of flesh, they knew this time they were in danger. "I guess that makes this round two" Rose smirked as the blood lust clouded her mind.