Regrouping

Group Pov

    Delgan and Rose approached the stand where the merchandise was supposed to be displayed. They could see some of the goods were still in the caravan and Freya was nowhere to be found. Instead at the stand stood a woman who quickly tried to shove silk and spices in her cloak. She turned to run with her new items but managed to crash into Rose. The woman gasped and shook in fear at the sight of Rose. "Where the hell is Freya?" Delgan barked. The woman looked back and forth in between Delgan and Rose "oh, you must be the little girl's parent, I was trying to buy something from her, and your daughter is so rude, you know she threatened to-" Rose's face must have looked murderous because the woman stopped mid sentence. "You dare steal from us!" she fumed. The woman shook again. "I should burn you alive for your crimes!" Rose shouted at the woman. Delgan was sure the woman was going to have a heart attack based on how pale she was getting, but the poor woman still found the nerve to keep speaking. "Well... I see where the young lady gets her attitude" the woman scoffed despite her clear fear. Instinctively, Delgan stood in between Rose and the pending death of the bold woman. He could feel the heat of Rose on his back as he kept her at bay "go, now" he mouthed to the woman. She was about to speak again before deciding she valued her life enough to walk away. With a flip of her short hair, she huffed and practically tripped trying to run away.

Rose paced the dirt back and forth. She let out a few curse words as she did. Delgan gave her a moment before he stood before her. Rose paused in front of him but didn't meet his gaze. "It's alright Rose... just let it go." he coaxed. She unclenched her teeth and slowly looked up at him. After a moment she asked under her breath "I don't look like a mom... right?" She muttered, trailing off on the last bit of the question. A slight smile fell on Delgan's face. "I don't know... do moms normally look like badass hunters?" he mused. Rose rolled her eyes but smirked. Seeing her calm down, Delgan focused back on the problem. "Now, where is Freya. I swear if she runs off and blows our cover" he spat. Rose looked around some more. After a few moments, Rose saw Freya running back to the caravan.

"Freya, where the hell were you, do you want to blow our cover?" Delgan grumbled. Freya waved away his comment. "Fuck off or listen!" Freya hissed. "They have my sister.. they did something to her...I have to find her now!" Freya demanded, a hint of sadness in her voice. Delgan groans, "we could all be dead if you don't stick to the plans first. I said to play merchant for a little while, was that so hard?" he scolded. "You're not my leader! And I don't follow you, the only reason I agreed to this stupid fucking plan was so I could find my sister, and now that I have the information do you really want to get in my way?" Freya sneered in annoyance. She opened her mouth to continue but Rose spoke up first. "Hey knock it off you two, look Freya I'm sure you had your reasons for leaving, but we have to be careful" Rose looked at the dark sky "It's well past midnight, why don't we clean up here, go to the tavern, get some sustenance, share our gathered info, and come up with a real plan. We don't have time for this childish arguing." Rose declared. Freya and Delgan kept their eyes locked, but nodded in agreement.