A Clashing Union

Rose turned around to the broken man. "Are you ready to talk?" she questioned. The man frantically nodded his head. "Good, now my deal still stands. If you tell me what I want to know, I won't kill you in front of him," she promised, a slight smirk falling on her lips. "Now, let's begin'' Rose continues. "How many men are waiting for your return in Calbridge?" She asks. The man winces at the mention of that place. "Not many, maybe a hundred, tops. I... I don't like to discuss that place." He begins to tremble once again. Rose ignores his disdain and continues. "Shit...what's with the slaves? Why are you kidnapping people?" She asks. The man looks down, as if ashamed of his secret. "I can't tell you that. I'd be dead if someone caught me mentioning it, and I..." the man trails off. Instantly Rose slings a dagger at him. It punctures the tree behind him just a few inches from his head. The man shrieked and pulled at the earthly restraints. "uh uh uhh" Rose tisked. "That wasn't the answer I was looking for." She grinned. Smoothly, she pulled out another dagger and played with its tip. "Now let's try that again... why are you kidnapping people? what are you making them do?" she demanded. "N- nothing... I Don't Know!" the man begins to hyperventilate. "I merely gather people... It's just my job. I don't know what they do with them... please... I have a family" the man sobbed. Rose threw another dagger, this one sliced his ear in two. Blood trickled down his neck. "Ahh" he screamed. Rose pulled out her third dagger and held it to the man's throat. "You think I care about your fucking family!" She yelled. The blade dug a little deeper in the man's throat, slightly breaking the skin. Rose could feel the blood inside of her begin to boil. "Did you give a fuck about these villagers' families?" she persisted. A surge of heat flowed up out of her hands and threw the dagger. The man's skin sizzled as the tip grew hot as fire. The man yelped and screeched at the searing pain from the heat. Rose leaned in close, whispering in the man's ear. "I'm gonna give you one more chance, and If I were you, I wouldn't fuck around" she instructed. Rose slowly pulled away keeping the knife close to his throat. When she was sure he understood her seriousness she asked. "How long have you had this job?". The merchant blinked, confused by the question, but answered. "Four months..." the man paused for a moment "... I've been doing this for years." The man confessed. Rose's face twisted in disgust. She turned away for a moment. her eyes closed shut. Lowering the dagger, she blankly said, "thank you for your honesty". The man let out an audible sigh of relief.

Rose turned around again, her eyes still shut. "you have admitted to destroying homes all across the land for many years. Kidnapping men, women, and children and selling them into slavery for reasons you don't even know." The man's breath began to quicken with nerves as Rose continued. "For this, you will suffer a painful death" she finished. The man tried to beg. "But you said If I told you what I'd knew, you wouldn't kill me... you said-'' Rose's eyes snapped open, her eyes blazed a fiery crimson color. "-I said I wouldn't kill you IN FRONT of him!" she spat "YOU WILL DIE IN FLAMES FOR YOUR CRIMES!" She promised. The man cried uncontrollably. "please spare me!" He begged. Rose's dagger burst into flames "SHUT UP!" She yelled. Her voice was monstrous and unrecognizable. The man's voice went silent as his cries became inaudible. Snot poured down his face and soaked his clothes. Rose threw the dagger, it pierced the man's wrist. The fire from the blade instantly engulfed the man's arm. Rose through another, and another, and another until each limb was burning before their eyes. The man's screams roared within the fire. "HAHAHAHA" she maniacally laughed as he burned to a crisp. The smell of his burning flesh pleased something inside her. She began to slip into satisfaction as a faint voice called out to her.

"Rose... stop" Rose turned around to see Delgan carefully approaching her. "Del..." She whispered. With a deep breath, Delgan gently put his hand on Rose's shoulder. He could feel her rage through her heat. It was so intense her shoulder began to burn his hand. He winced silently trying not to focus on the pain. As not to stoke the demon within her, Delgan spoke even softer. "Rose look at me please..." he coaxed. Delgan could see the eternal fire in Rose's eyes as they locked onto his, he cleared his throat. He knew if this rage within her continued, they would have a huge problem on their hands. "I need you to come back to me" He lulled. Delgan took his other hand and softly traced his finger along her collarbone. A bluish light clashed between his finger and her skin. The clashing of her red flames and his blue ice fused and formed a purple hue. As his fingers made their way down her skin, the purple hue began to quickly fade as the fire in her eyes began to sizzle out. The sensation sent a shudder through Rose. Delgan searched her face for recognition. "Rose?" He called out frantically. Her eyes fluttered as they refocused on Delgan. His hands slowly waved in front of her. She noticed they were seared. "Shit... Del, I'm..." Rose's legs began to wobble and give out from under her. She stumbled to the ground but Delgan caught her. She rested on her knees trying to catch her breath. "I'm alright" she muttered. Delgan faintly chuckled. "No your fucking nuts" he mused sounding more confident than he felt. Rose's snicker became a cough as she struggled to breathe. Instantly Delgan checked on her. He pushed a fallen strand of her hair behind her ear to get a better look at her. She chuckled and shook him off. "I'm fine... I just... need a second," she said in between breaths. After a moment she motioned to the head merchant that was finally stirring awake. "We still need to know what we're about to be going up against" She muttered. Delgan looked at Rose's condition again. She was fine, just needed a little rest. He nodded and walked over to the head merchant.