New Intel

Group Pov

    "Oh shut up already, I'm hungry and impatient," Freya said while stepping in between the two men. She placed her hands on their chest holding them apart. "As much as I'd loved to see you guys rip each other apart, I'd much rather eat than listen to children argue!" Freya added. Irritated, she pointed to the traveler. "I don't have time for this. So either have a seat or move the hell along" She finished. Freya nudges Delgan and motions for him to take a seat. He opens his mouth to say something, but shuts it and complies after glaring at the traveler once more. "Now that that's over...Rose, why don't you introduce us to this handsome man of yours" Freya insisted. She glances at Delgan giving him a smirk then looks back at the traveler. Freya turns to catch Rose glaring at her. A smug smile forms on Freya's lips. "seems like you've been keeping all the fun to yourself" She mused. Freya glanced at the traveler, her eyes lingering a lot longer than Rose particularly liked. Rose shook her head. "nahh I'm good" she answered while locking eyes with Freya. She makes a subtle slashing motion across her throat as if to say 'shut the hell up'. Freya laughs before shrugging her shoulders and playfully nudging Rose.

The three slowly take a seat at the back table. Rose placed the tray down and avoided the man's gaze as he decided to join the group. An awkward silence formed around them. Freya looks at the traveler. "So, do you always stalk people from afar?" she questioned. The traveler smiled slightly. "No, not usually" he replied before glancing at Rose again. "Only when I've spotted something worth watching" he finished. Rose shifted in her seat and cleared her throat. "Oh, I definitely see what you mean" Freya remarks. Mimicking what she had seen Delgan do earlier, she reached over to tuck Rose's hair behind her ear. "Such a pretty little thing isn't she?" Freya chuckles watching Delgan shift uncomfortably. The traveler watched as Rose smacked Freya's hand away and took a long chug of her ale to conceal the warmness in her cheeks. Freya laughed. "Can we focus on the task at hand?" Rose demanded, annoyance clear in her voice at Freya's comments. Delgan glares at the traveler "So how do you know Rose?" Delgan questioned annoyingly. "Why, are you jealous?" the traveler shot back with a cocky smirk. Delgan scoffed and was about to open his mouth to rebuttal when Rose shoved a piece of bread in his mouth. "hmrmm urgh ghmm'' Delgan tried to speak through the bread. The traveler laughed. "I think I like him better like that" he commented. Rose sat up in her chair and straightened her shoulders. "He's a contact. One of the council's to be exact. He's got info on the lich" Rose indicated while stuffing more bread in Delgan's mouth. "Is it always business with you, or do you ever have time for pleasure" the traveler insinuated. "Handling my business DOES give me pleasure" Rose countered. The traveler leaned in alluringly "love, If business is the only experience you have of pleasure..." His voice trailed off leaving the rest up to her imagination. Delgan choked on the bread trying to interject, Rose raised a brow in thought, and Freya's eyes bulged as she sipped her ale in interest.

   The traveler laughed at everyone's response. "Alright this is the information I have gathered on the lich you're after" he began. Delgan finally finished the bread Rose had stuffed in his mouth. As he leaned in, the traveler continued. "This lich is ancient and very powerful. I assume you heard about the barrier being placed on the catacombs" he asked. Rose's eyes widened "How do you know about that" she questioned. The traveler looked at Rose. "I have my ways. But that's not where the problem starts. Have you not noticed the townspeople acting weirdly" he moved on. Freya's perks up a bit. "Yeah, now that you mention it, they seem almost lifeless" she agreed. The traveler stands up. "Watch this" he states as he walks over to the nearest villager. He pulls out his sword and in an instant, chops the man's arm off. The poor man hadn't reacted at all. "What the hell are you doing?" Delgan stands up aggressively. "Calm down there tiger" the traveler points at the man. "They are all under some spell, even some of the soldiers" he added. Delgan was shocked at this revelation. Rose spoke up eagerly. "That's why they're bringing slaves down to the catacombs, to try to break through the barrier and stop the lich." she deduced. Freya's upper lip quivered in rage. "They're doing what?" Freya spat, a disgusted look on her face. The traveler continued. "That explains why the hoards are getting worse. Those that die in this town outside the barrier, turn into those undead things, but if they die trying to get through it... " he trailed off. "They turn to dust" Delgan chimed in. The traveler nodded and walked towards the exit. "I'm sure you can figure a way to fix this mess" he adds. Before he exits, he turns towards Rose. "The names Grimm by the way," he says with one last smirk before walking out the open door. The moment Grimm disappeared into the night, Rose felt her shoulders relax. She hadn't realized she was basically holding her breath the entire time Grimm stood around her. She shook her head and ran her hands through her hair trying to regain focus on the task at hand. "Holy Shit'' was all she could say, though she wasn't sure if it was what he said, or Grimm himself that clouded her mind.