Severed Link

Delgan Pov

     Sylvie looked at the Lich. "They have nothing to do with this, now let them go" she sneered causing the Lich to sit up. A cackle escaped his dead lips "You dare demand something from me?" The Lich hissed shrinking the prism, threatening to squish them, causing Freya to use her magic willing the vines to stop the shrinkage. "You don't need them! I already do everything you've asked of me" Sylvie argued watching Freya struggle. "Hawhawhaw, you think I've kept you around to only do my bidding? You foolish girl" the lich retorted stopping the prism from shrinking anymore. "What more could you fucking want?" Delgan shouted taking a step forward, his hand moving to his sword. Rage filling his body. "ahhh little hunter, I see you're still alive" the lich mused looking toward the prism. "Looks like I've got your pretty little demon. What are you going to do about it?" the lich challenged. The green flames in his eyes brightened daring him to step forward. "Why don't you come off that pathetic excuse of a throne and come find out" Delgan vexed. He could feel his blood start to boil as the rage within him got stronger begging to be let out.

      "Well you see little hunter, if I choose to entertain you, then I won't have time for Freya here to help me bring back my beautiful Lilly," the lich said looking to Freya then to Sylvie, a look of longing crossed the Lich's face. "It's been far too long since we've been together and I've come too far for you imbeciles to dare stop me" the Lich roars. "I will never fucking help you! I would rather die before I ever help you" Freya hissed from inside the prism. "Ohhh you will help me or your precious sister will die," the Lich said motioning to Sylvie. "Without my Lilith, your sister is nothing but a mere parasite" the Lich added coldly before turning his attention back to Freya. "Keep running your mouth about my sister and I will shove a tree branch up your as-" Freya tried to finish but was cut short. With the wave of the Lich's hand, she dropped to her knees. Her hands instantly grabbed for her neck as she gasped and struggled to breathe. "I think I've heard enough from you," the Lich said amusingly. "Stop.. just fucking please stop" Sylvie pled.

       Delgan had seen enough. His heart was beating so hard he could hear it in his ears causing his sigil to ache. The Lich has caused so much pain. Seeing Rose in her condition and the desperation between Freya and Sylvie it was time to act. Delgan began to call on Arcadia once again. The lich laughs. "You think a spirit will help you, I'm going to enjoy ripping you apart" he chuckled. Delgan ran his fingers over his chest where the sigil was activating Arcadia. "Oh, arcadia spirit of the eighth lend me your strength" Delgan shouts running toward the lich. His sword gleamed a bright blue tinge as the spirit's magic moved through it. The magic reached Delgan's hand. The sigils shined as the link connecting him to the spirit activated. Arcadia's magic soared through him giving him full access. As he gained control of the lent power, his eyes and hands beamed an angelic blue tinge. Delgan raised his sword from a distance charging up his attack. With a fierce swing in the direction of the Lich, ice shards formed and flew towards it. The lich retaliated with a ghastly blue fiery orb. He quickly threw it. Its fire melted the ice before the attack could reach him. But Delgan used this as a diversion to get closer to the lich. If he could just impale him with his sword, he would be able to freeze him solid. That would be enough to break his prism, and free Freya and Rose he thought.

     As Delgan got closer, the lich cast the same sickly fire towards him. Delgan jumped to the side, barely dodging the ghastly fire, and got close enough to the lich to impale him with his sword. Delgan tightened his grip and went to stab the lich center mass. As he was about to connect his blade to its chest, the Lich grabbed the edge of his sword. "Your magic is weak and pathetic" The Lich smiled crookedly as he began to emit a sickly blue flame that overtook his sword. The flames made their way to Delgans hand. He tried to move away, but the flames wouldn't let him budge. In fact, he couldn't move at all. The lich's voice cackled in Delgan's head. "Hawhawhaw, looks like I've got you again. Hunter" the voice mocked. 'Fuck' Delgan cursed from within his mind. Delgan scolded himself for getting pulled back into the lichs mind trance once again.

     Delgan knew how to break free. He needed to focus on an outside feeling, like pain, to help him snap out of it. He tried to wiggle his fingers, but they didn't budge. "I tried to warn you hunter, coming here would be the end of you" the voice growled. "Now, you will be punished for your insolence" he continued. Everything around them was stopped, frozen in time, or like all that was happening moved too quickly for anyone outside of the two of them could understand what was happening. With an evil grin, the lich added, "this, is for breaking my tablet" the voice muttered as the sigils on Delgans hand started to sear. Delgan could see the steam from his burning flesh rise as the sigil retreated and faded away from his arm and chest, but he couldn't feel anything. With a smirk, the lich's voice in his mind added. "Don't worry, the pain won't kick in unless I want it to" he wickedly said. The lich came closer towards Delgan. The dark green flames of its eyes looked deeply into Delgans. "Good luck protecting her now hunter" whispered the lich. Delgan's thoughts ran confused. The voice played back Delgans memory of Rose's father whispering his final words to Delgan. "Del..gan... Prot...ect her, protect my Rosalie" he choked out. A silent tear fell from Delgan's frozen face.

      The Lich smirked. "Now, I will let you feel the pain" he muttered. Instantly at the lich's words, everything moved normally, Delgan could move again, and the pain started. Delgan let out a blood-curdling scream mixed with pain and pure sorrow. The link Delgan had with Arcadia stretched and ripped apart. He instantly felt himself weaken at the loss of his powers. His skin felt like it was on fire, and his hand where the sigils link to Arcadia had been, was now gone. Even his sword that once gleaned with Arcadia's pure blue power had blown out and was just plain steal. Another tear fell from Delgan's eyes as he looked at the steel blade. It, and he, were now empty. Useless to anyone, useless to Rose. The Lich watched in satisfaction as Delgan clung to his burning hand, cradled on the floor. He formed a dark blue orb in his skeletal hand. Just as he was about to kill Delgan, a dark mist flung towards the Lich. It was Sylvie. "No more. I won't watch you hurt any more people, that's enough" she yelled angrily. She threw another huge mist of pure dark magic into the Lich, flinging him back and throwing him through his throne. She ran to Delgan who was holding his hand still screaming from the anguish.