Not Over Yet

Freya Pov

     Racing to the house and throwing the doors open, Freya could feel the darkness calling to her. Shouts could be heard coming from Sylvie's room. "Hold her down!" someone commands. "What the hell is that?" someone exclaims. "Don't touch her" another screams. As the group runs into the room they could see Sylvie was levitating in the air and uncontrollably seizing as the runes on her body flickered between a black hue and a blood red. Two men desperately try to hold her down as another man watches in horror behind the others. "What the fuck happened?" Freya spat calling upon her earth magic and commanding the vines in the ground to wrap around Sylvie. They lower her back to the table holding her still while she struggles against the binds.

    "Shhhh it's okay I'm here Syl," Freya soothes rushing to her side. She notices beads of sweat sliding down Sylvie's face as she whimpers. Reaching out to touch her sister's forehead, she could feel the sickness creep into her body. "Shit" Freya cursed pulling her hand back. "If I don't stop the sickness, her mind will be broken beyond repair" she shouted while Sylvie wildly thrashed around howling in pain. "What can I do to help?" Malikai calmly asked running to help her hold Sylvie down. "I need herbs. Do you have white willow bark or echinacea?" Freya frantically asked the doctor while moving from Sylvie and searching the cabinets and drawers.

    "Umm I'd have to check the garden, but I'm not sure it will help with anything" the doctor scoffed motioning to one of his men to check the gardens. As they ran out of the room and returned with the herbs Freya snapped. "Shut up and just give it to me" she hisses while snatching the herbs from the man. She crushes them together, places them on Sylvie's body, and rubs them into her skin. As Freya works the mixture over Sylvie's arms, she calls upon her earth magic to merge the plants into her sister's bloodstream. Freya used the plant as a physical cleansing method as well as taking its life energy stored inside it to cleanse the dark magic. She knew she couldn't pull out too much of Lilith's dark magic, but she could still keep it at a minimum. As Freya pulled at Lilith's stored darkness in Sylvie, she could feel the darkness creeping inside her. 'Focus, don't let it control you' Freya's thoughts cautioned. With a deep breath, Freya continued to filter out some of the darkness. After a moment, Sylvie stopped shaking and lay still. Her breathing returned to normal, and she went back to rest. Freya stretched her hand as she felt the darkness she absorbed surge through her. With a couple of deep breaths, she was able to relax again. She looked down at the still Sylvie. "That should help for now," Freya says quietly. She couldn't help but feel annoyed by the useless people around her. With the grit of her teeth, she turned to look back at the doctors.

     "You were supposed to help her," Freya says coldly, stepping towards the doctor. "What did you do to her!" Freya yells loudly, the ground trembled as vines burst through the wooden floor, tripping the poor doctor and knocking him down. "N-nothing!" The doctor pleads crawling away from Freya. She sends her vines to wrap around the doctor's throat and yank him in the air. He gasped and clawed at the vines trying to get free. "Please..." he choked. "Freya stop!" Rose yells grabbing Freya's arm turning her to face her. "She needs a healer" She adds calmly. "We have healers back at the kingdom, we can help her there," Rose says reassuringly. Freya looked at the doctor, face turning purple, and back at Rose. While she lets go of Freya's arm, Freya returns her vines to the earth. The doctor chokes and breaths in deep to regain air. Freya grits her teeth but calms. "Promise?" Freya finally asks somberly. She glances at her sister and looks back at Rose awaiting her answer. "You have my word" Rose nods in agreement. Breaking the sudden silence, Delgan chimes in. "We could have avoided this whole debacle if we had left right away!" he scoffs. Rose glares at Delgan. "It doesn't matter how we got here. We need to get her to Lynxfell" she demanded. Malikai nods and without a word, goes to talk to Faust about transportation.

    While the others prepare for travel, Malikai re-enters the Doctor's house informing the others that the horses and carriage were ready. Gently, they lay Sylvie in the back of the carriage. Once again Freya used her earth magic to form a vine cot. As everyone loaded the carriage, Freya watched over her sister. She leaned in to tuck a fallen strand of hair behind her ear. As she did, she felt a slight sting in her arm. She pulled it back instantly. She couldn't see anything, but she could feel it, the magic coursing through her. Freya looked around for everyone before looking back at an unconscious Sylvie. The sting shot up her arm again. 'What the fuck?' Freya's thoughts cursed. A faint melodic giggle could be heard around her. "You thought the game was over Freya?" the singsong voice taunted. Freya instantly stiffened. With another giggle, she whispered one last message. "...This is only the beginning".