Serve Me

Group Pov

     The lich let out a ferocious screech. "You think you're clever breaking out of my barrier?" he laughed. "Oh, I haven't had this much fun with my pets in a long time. I knew I chose the right sheep for my sacrifice" he mused. The lich outstretched his hands and tilted his head back. Dark mist formed around his skeletal hands as he cast a spell. "Levanta a mis soldados, sírveme, mátalos a todos, Levanta, Levanta, LEVANTA'' he chanted. The mist fell from his hands like a waterfall and surrounded the ground like a blanket. The group stood ankle-deep in a fog of death that grew and seeped into the dirt. The ground quivered and tore open as skeletal hands punched through, rising to do the lich's bidding. The shrieking sound of hundreds of undead pierced the air. They poured into the inner sanctum surrounding Delgan Rose, Freya, and Sylvie. With another monstrous laugh, the Lich pushed himself into the air and held himself up by pure dark magic. He stood three feet off the ground, standing on his black fog, cackling madly. "Now tear them apart!" he commanded.

     "What the hell are we supposed to do now?" Delgan coughs struggling to breathe the toxic air. He was clearly still exhausted from his battle from moments ago. "Do you trust me?" Freya questioned turning to Rose who was coughing. She tried to slow her breathing to stop from taking in the toxin. "If you don't want your friends to die I suggest you figure out a way to save them" Sylvie shouts running to Delgan and practically dragging him to where Freya and Rose were. She steps in front of them, raises her hand to the ceiling, and begins chanting in an unfamiliar language Freya couldn't understand. "Animas tuas in inferis damnabo et hic ex te deligatus'' she muttered. Sylvie's hands begin pouring dark mist filling the room of her own death magic. The group could feel their own essence of life-draining and become weaker. The undead bodies began dropping left and right screaming as if their souls were being torn from their bodies.

     "We don't have much of a choice" Rose joked looking at the undead falling to the ground, their bodies turning to ash instantly. "Take my hand" Freya insisted reaching for Rose's hand. "Delgan grab Rose's hand and for the love of goddess don't let go" Freya shouts as the screams of the undead got louder. Delgan grabbed Rose's hand and nodded while Freya used her other hand placing it on the ground. she could feel the roots and vines around them. 'Where are you?' Freya thought while searching for the tree of life she had made earlier. Trying to find the link, familiar energy of power waved through her. "Found you" Freya smirked. She pulled the essence of life she had put into the tree and moved it through her and into Rose and Delgan. "What the hell?" Rose exclaimed. "What are you doing," Delgan asked curiously as their bodies began to heal and the death magic no longer affected them. "Shut up I have to concentrate" Freya huffed continuing to drain the essence from the tree. She could feel it weaken and die as she moved the last bit through her and into them. 'I've only done this once' Freya thought to herself not wanting to worry the others. "You can stop Freya" Rose stated motioning for Freya to look up and see the ground was covered in ashes. They let each other's hands go as they looked at Sylvie. Her eyes were black as night as she fought the darkness from taking over. Finally, her eyes turned normal. As she meets Freya's eyes, a sudden flash of shame crosses her face but fades away quickly.

    The group turned towards the Lich who was still in the air. "How dare you defy me after all the power I've given you" he roared. Sylvie looked up towards the Lich with pure hatred." I won't let you hurt any more people" she promised. The lich cocked his head to the side. "You think you can control this outcome do you? You forget who your master is little vessel. Maybe I need to remind you who you serve" he spat eerily. To prove his point, the Lich pointed towards her. His fingers twisted against each other into a knot. Sylvie screamed. She felt as if her insides twisted in excruciating pain. "You stupid girl. How about I make you kill them for me. Maybe then you will learn your lesson" he toyed. Sylvie grabbed at her stomach and chest as the sharp pain intensified. "N-no... I won't do it" she fought. The lich snapped his wrist to the side. Simultaneously, Sylvie fell to the side screaming in agony. Freya began to run over to her sister but Sylvie's halting hand stopped her. "N...no Frey. Stay back" she cried out in between grunts. Slowly Sylvie got to her knees. "I...said... no" she fought again.

     The scraping sound of the lich's teeth was chilling. He gritted them in annoyance. The flames in his eyes grew in anger before simmering back down. An evil smirk forms on his dead lips. "Fine then... you wish to defy me? Then maybe she can put you in your place" his grin deepened. Sylvie's eyes widened in realization "NO DON-" she tried, but the whispering of the lich's words "sal, mi amor" and the snapping of his fingers cut her off mid-sentence. Silvie's chin dropped to her chest and she rested completely still on her knees, like a statue.

    Freya moved closer to her sister, taking slow, careful steps. "Sylvie?" Freya tried. Slowly, Sylvie rose to her feet. Freya took another step. "Syl?" she tried again. Freya went to take another step closer, but the sound of a melodic giggle froze her in place.

    Freya instantly tensed. Sylvie turned to face the group. Her eyes were closed and a grin was on her face. When she opened her eyes they could see them completely covered in darkness. Like she was possessed. "Lilith" Freya announced through gritted teeth. Lilith gave an innocent smile to Freya "I told you I'd catch up with you later... ready for our next game?" She giggled again. Freya clenched her fist. "And I told you all I cared about was my sister and didn't have time for your childish games. So give her back to me" Freya demanded. Lilith put her hand on her hip. "Oh your no fun" she pouted. "Fine, I'll settle for this sweet little treat you brought me" she added in her sing-song voice. Immediately, Lilith cast a death magic orb towards Delgan. Instantly, Freya intervened using her vine to block the attack. Lilith giggled "Thought you didn't wanna play with me, changed your mind did you?" she smirked. Freya stood between Lilith and the hunters. She slightly turned to face them, keeping her eyes on Lilith. "I'll handle my sister, you two handle Bitch Lich over there" She insisted. Lilith squealed "Sisters! Oh yay I knew you'd come around" she jumped up with excitement. Freya glared at her. "Sylvie, I'll bring you back don't worry. You'll be free from this leech in no time" she declared. Lilith's jaw hung open. "Leech!? Those slimy swamp slugs! That's not very nice Freya. You'll pay for that one. I'm not going to go easy on you anymore" she challenged. Freya raised her chin. "Good, I'd hate for you to blame this ass-kicking on that anyway. Give me your best shot" she retorted.

     Rose nodded to Freya and turned towards Delgan. "Lick your wounds later Del, lets's take out this boney bastard" she chuckled. Delgan cleared his throat and gripped his steel sword. It was still sharp enough to do some damage, but Delgan couldn't help but feel its uselessness in his hands. "Just like old times right" Rose added with confidence. He avoided her gaze but nodded. "Let's do this'' he finally said.

     The Lich, clearly irritated with the whole situation, groaned. "You tiresome little bags of flesh, your deaths will be slow and-" before the Lich could finish what he was saying, Rose pelted his lower jaw with an arrow. "Oh shut the hell up. All you do is talk. Aren't you supposed to be this big and bad grim reaper? Well come and get me skully" She mocked. The fire in the Lich's eyes grew larger as he ripped the arrow from his jaw. Seeing an opening, Delgan took this opportunity to dash and jump towards the Lich, slicing against his chest, and sending him flying to the ground. Finding his place next to Rose, Delgan puffed up his chest. "You fought us alone, but now that we're fighting together, your absolutely fucked"