Twenty Six

Caleb

The internal panic I felt when they walked through the door.

Of course my dumbass sister can't do the one job I asked her to do.

The band and set up crew were coming today to map out the yard and figure out where they were going to set up.

I had gotten Arya to get Bailey out of the house for the day, her dunk ass must've forgotten.

"What was that?" Liv

"What was what?" I glance at her, grabbing a box of lights off the counter. Today Ace had us all mapping out the backyard to gauge where to set everything up.

He has become the definition of a groomzilla.

So kicking him out fixed two problems, both of them being his presence.

"What? Are you and Bailey friends now?"

This would be starting fight number four today.

Great.

"Liv if you're going to yell at me all day, go back to my house or anywhere but here. I have a lot of shit to do today, listening to you yell at me for something we have been over multiple times, not being one of them." I state, boredom laced through my voice, surprising myself.

And by the look on her face I surprised her too.

Well damn.

Neither of us were expecting that response out of me.

"Well fuck me then," she snaps, walking away as I follow.

"Liv,"

"What Caleb? Am I infringing on your plans? I'm sorry I want to talk to you, god you're such a jackass," She yells, slipping her shoes on her feet.

"First of lower your voice, my family doesn't need to hear our fucking problems." I state, not breaking eye contact with her, "Second do not fucking snap at me like I'm a piece of shit and not your fiancé. You aren't trying to talk to me, you're instigating a fight Liv."

"I'll talk to you however I fucking please." Her eyes blaze as they stare back at me.

"Then get out of this damn house and mine too. I expect you to give me the same respect I give you, I have been nothing but good to you Olivia and you treat me as if I can't do anything right. That's not fucking fair to me."

She stays quiet at this. He face full of anger as she shoots daggers my way. She has no idea how shitty I have felt for years. She doesn't see that for the first fucking time I am trying to be better, I am better...well somewhat.

"What? You have nothing to say now?" I bite back at her. I'm tired. So fucking tired.

She clenched her jaw as she looks away, blowing out a breath through her nose.

I knew that look in her face, it was one she usually had before she blew up on me. She's restraining herself, and its not for my sake.

If my family wasn't a wall away, attempting to listen to all of this, she would've. She worries about her image too much though, even if it is my family.

"I can't stand you sometimes." She looks at me, her eyes full of fury, hate almost.

"Then why are you with me? Why are you fucking marrying me?"

He face drops slightly at that. I couldn't tell if she genuinely felt bad or not.

"I didn't mean it like that Caleb," Her voice softens and I almost fall for it "You can be so damn sensitive sometimes. I didn't mean it like that, just when we fight like this I hate it."