Thirty-Two

Caleb

"Can I get two whiskey and cokes please?" I pass the bartender my card before Belle can even open her purse, not allowing for any argument.

Wanting the alcohol to ease the tension coursing through my body from the previous interaction. Talensky pissed me the fuck off with his bullshit. He's is in his mid thirties and still fucks around like he's twenty. I don't care who he fucks around with but it won't be any of the women in my life.

Especially Bailey. No way in hell.

"I buy the next round," She states, hopping up on the stool beside me.

"Deal," I grin.

I was going to pay for the next round and any possible round she may want after that, I simply agree to appease her.

"I haven't had one of these in so long," She picks up the glass the bartender had placed in front of her as I do the same.

"You loved these,"

"I did but a few nights of one too many's had me taking a break from them," She snorts. I understand where she's coming from. These taste like Vanilla Coke if made correctly, they go down easy. Drinking these, you don't know you're drunk until you're shitfaced. "I found that getting obliterated around people you don't know and trust isn't all that fun," She adds,

"Nor is it safe?" I glance at her

"That too," She nods with a laugh, "Plus when I was drunk I'd always want to take more, and I had easy access to pills and things," she shakes her head before taking a sip.

"He would give you that shit?"

She just nods "I never got fully addicted to pills,
I don't fucking know how, but it was more so recreational for me."

"Did he introduce you to all of it?"

"Yep,"

"And he's a fucking doctor." How the fuck can someone do that? Especially knowing the possible consequences of what they were doing.

"I wasn't innocent, I still voluntarily took whatever he gave me on nights out,"

"Mhm and what would he do if you refused Belle?" I question and she remains quiet, sipping on her drink. "Thats not voluntary."

My chest physically aches at the thought of what she went through, the shit she had to endure.

"This isn't the setting to be talking about my fucked up trauma, I'm sorry I brought it up," she shakes her head, offering a smile nowhere near the real one she typically wore. The one that made her light brown eyes squint and face practically glow.

"Don't apologize for that Belle, I'm always open to talk,"

The smile remains on her face as she looked back down at her drink. This was the exact one she fucking flashed at Talensky, the fucker.

I shouldn't say that, I respect the hell out of him. In that moment though, I really didn't.

"Well Ms.Kalanski, if you choose, you are more than safe to get a little drunk tonight," I state. Everyone deserves some time to let loose, "I probably will too,"

"I don't want to embarrass you Mr.Kazer," She laughs, "I may not know much about your world, but what I do know is reputation is important,"

"You and I live in the same world Bails, always have, always will," I smile at her and the slight redness growing on her cheeks, "Besides, all of that doesn't concern me,"

"You don't care when they talk bad about you in the media?" She questions, quirking her head a little as she peers up at me,

"God no, I don't care about the opinions of people who get paid to talk shit about other people," I shake my head. I know I'm a good athlete and an even better individual.