Forty-One

Bailey

Thankfully the rehearsal was informal, I was so tired I don't think I could apply makeup. Not having a chance to sleep after waking up at the hotel this morning my body was slowly shutting down, I needed to eat and sleep soon.

Between set up and the rehearsal I had a second to shower. I no longer felt like a Gollum from Lord of the Rings. I smelled like straight alcohol and sweat this morning, it was probably the most disgusting I've felt and looked in ages. But as soon as I walked in the door Cheri put me to work, and there are few times you say no to that woman, this morning not being one of them.

Following my shower, I forewent makeup with the sole purpose of knowing I'll fall asleep with it on if I did apply it, and two nights of sleeping in
makeup would leave my skin looking like shit tomorrow. I tossed on a pair of Jean shorts and a Stanford crew neck. I just about collapsed on one of the chairs we had set up in the backyard waiting for everyone else to arrive.

"Are you okay Bailey?" Spence sits beside me, he'd had a rough morning himself. Though it wasn't without a small victory, him and Brett's youngest sister hit it off very well last night.

"Yeah just hungover and tired," I offer a lazy grin, "How are you feeling?"

"Pretty good," he smiles, patting his shoulder, "You can rest  your head and close your eyes for a few minutes if you want, I'll wake you when everyone else gets here,"

"Aw Spence you hate when people touch you," it was a sensitivity thing for him, he wasn't a very physically affectionate person if at all.

"I know but you can," the sweetheart pats his shoulder and I can't help but smile as I curl up against his side. I haven't had a lot of chances to hangout with him too much since coming here, having constantly been running around or out with our entire group, I kinda miss my nights where it was just him Danny and I curled up on our apartments couch watching trashy tv.

It doesn't feel like my eyes were closed that long, but I did end up falling asleep, only to be woken by Spencer softly nudging me awake. He wasn't always like this, having been a very straightforward awkward guy, he'd really come out of his shell since I've known him. I loved the kid to death.

"We're going to start," Tyler stood at the front of the aisle taking direction from the wedding planner that had arrived. Ironically, he was the one officiating for the two, having been ordained on a whim, the grooms thought it would be hilarious.

The wedding planner was instructing everyone on the way we should walk and the order in which we will. Caleb and I were the last two before Brett and his oldest sister and then Ace and Cheri. He wanted to give her that honor since my dad had me to walk down the aisle. There were no complaints from my dad.

"Okay let's do a run through quickly and adjust from there" I force myself to stand and join Caleb behind everyone else at the back of the yard, hidden behind fake walls of Ivy vines that had been set up earlier today.

It was crazy the transformation my childhood backyard had gone through in just a day. Obviously the small things like table placements and other decorations would wait until the day of, but the bigger things like the light arches and the chair set up along with the tables, chairs and dance floor over the pool were all things that needed to be put up today

"You look like your going to collapse," Caleb snorts as he sees me approach.

"I'm beyond tired right now, I chose taking a shower over napping," I grunt standing beside him

"Hmm so that's why that smell is gone," He grins

"You telling me I smelled bad Kazer?"