Thirty-Three

Bailey

My view of Caleb and Lexi dancing is quickly intercepted by the exact man Lexi wanted to mess with.

She knows how to play guys, she's an expert at it actually. Before sauntering over to the in the way that just Lexi can, she muttered a quick "Watch this," and now, within two minutes she had the six foot four, Blonde, tight end of the Chicago bears drooling over her.

She's good. I'll give her that.

"So you must be the one who broke Calebs heart when he was head-up-his-ass in love with you?"

He definitely knows how to make and entrance, I'll give him that.

"Well you sure know how to start a conversation," My brown eyes clash with his identical ones. He didn't pull any punches, I appreciated that. "I have a name,"

"I'd like to know it,"

"I think you already do," I state, "You seem to think you know so much else, one would assume you'd know the basics,"

"I like you," He flashes a perfect smile. One that stretches across his face and makes the crows feet by the corners of his eyes pop out.

"Jury's still out," I shrug, offering a sly smile of my own.

"I'll fix that," He nods, before summoning over a bartender, "Can I have a vodka soda with lime and easy ice, and another of whatever the lady is having please ,"

"You're not buying me a drink,"

"I am," He nods, "It's good to finally meet you Bailey-Belle Kalanski,"

"You too Nick Ferguson," I can't hold back a grin. He had an energy about him, one that was carefree and genuine.

I like him.

"So seeing as your friend declined my offer to dance, I have to find other ways to attract her, you think if I danced and sang it'd win her over?" He questions

"First off you aren't a bird, second, the sing and dance bit works for one man and one man only, but you don't look much like Heath Ledger to me," At the reference of my favorite nineties movie he snorts, shaking his head.

Aside from the hair and eye color, he wasn't anywhere near a Heath Ledger look alike.

"Heath Ledgers got nothing on me,"

"You're pretty, but not to his level," I smile

"So you think I'm pretty?"

"Yeah," I shrug simply. He was very pretty, pretty just wasn't my type though. "It'll get you far with Lexi,"

"What about you?"

I just snort. "I'm not interested in pretty boys,"

"Pretty man thank you very much and I would consider Caleb pretty wouldnt you?" he dips his head, taking another sip of his drink.

Caleb wasn't and never had been the pretty kind of attractive, he was effortlessly handsome in the rugged kind of way. His hair had always remained messy yet perfect for him, and his five o'clock shadow surpassed anything that could be considered pretty on a man. He was rough edges and calloused hands. I've called him beautiful before, and he is, but not pretty.

"Nope," I shook my head, not caring to explain further.

"I'm thinking, make her jealous, how do you think that would fare?" He adds changing the subject from Kazer to Lexi.

"You have a fifty-fifty shot, either it'll work, she'll get jealous and you'll have her attention easily. Or she won't get jealous and completely lose interest entirely," that's what I do.