A Slow Burning Love

Jets pov

Five years later

I sat at the picnic table where I was to meet sonic. We've been seeing each other in secret for some time now. It pretty clear that my family won't accept us. It's hurts knowing that someday I'll have to choose between my family and the man I love. I just wish things could be less complicated.

"I'm here" I looked up and to my shock it was sonics face all swollen up to hell! It looked like he'd been stung by hundreds of bees!

"dear god what happened!" I yelped.

"uhh that's a long story" sonic chuckled awkwardly.

"your such a dummy" I sighed "now hush up and eat!" I shoved a pastry in his mouth.

He slowly chewed and swallowed. Immediately the swelling went down. I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god. Now I can love him again!

"I love your cooking babe" he kissed me on the cheek several times "but do you know what else I love?"

"what?" I giggled.

To my surprise he got down on one knee "you" he smiled lovingly "will you marry me?"

I felt so happy when I saw that ring in his hands. He was really ready to settle down with me. I was about to say yes but then I remembered something..

"sonic my family would never allow thi-"

"not a problem!" sonic grinned "I'll win the old man over no matter what it takes! I love you too much to make you choose between me and your family" his smile was so genuine. He really means it!

"then yes!" I jumped into his arms. We both hugged each other with tears in our eyes. Today was a good day for us.