Uncle In The Walls

Miras pov

I followed the rats until I reached the family painting on the wall. To my surprise their was a large hole in the wall.

I climbed through it to find a large hooded figure with rats on his shoulders. The hooded figure turned to me and to my surprise it was..

"tio Storm" I muttered in disbelief.

"mira!" he ran up and pulled me into a bone crushing hug "I can't believe it's you. You've gotten so big kiddo! How's your mother?"

"umm good" I muttered still a little dazed from the hug "he misses you alot"

"yeah I'm sure he dose" he smiled fondly "jets a good kid. He never held a grudge against me unlike wave and.. everyone else" he scratched his head awkwardly "anyway let me give you a little tour of the inside of these walls"

"ok" I shrugged. This should be interesting...

*time skip*

"and this is where I sit!" he leaned against the chair happily.

I looked around the tiny room. I looked cosy though a little lonely. I looked over at the tiny dinning table he'd set out. I giggled to myself. So cute!

I looked through the crack in the wall to see our dinning table. I felt a pang of sadness. It was almost as if he was trying to be part of the family again.

He sighed "my gift wasn't helping my family but I love my family. Plus I wanted to keep you safe"

"keep me safe?" I tilted my head in confusion.

He nodded "the night you didn't get your gift papa asked me to look into your future and so I did. What I saw was this" he held up the picture and tilted it back and forth, causing the cracks to disappear and reappear "it seems your fate is undecided but I knew how people reacted to my visions. I knew what they'd put you through so I broke the pieces and left"

I stared at him in disbelief. He really left the family and all other social contact for ten years for my sake? Without a word I pulled him into a hug.

"thank you" I muttered softly.

"heh no problem. I gotta look out for my little neice now don't I?" he chuckled as he ruffled my quills.

I looked up at him firmly "tio I need to see another vision. Maybe then I can figure out how to save the miracle"

"oh jeez kiddo I don't know" he muttered nervously "to preform a vision I'd need a wide open space and there isn't really room here-"

"I have a wide open space" we turned around in surprise to see toni looking up at us with a rat in his hands "the rats told me everything!"