I Don't Have A Gift

Miras pov

I stood in stunned silence. Oh no. They want to know my gift. I thought they dropped that crap!

They stared at me expectingly. I can't tell them the truth. I can't deal with anymore judgement!

"Umm like I said I'm very busy so I better get going. Goodbye kiddos!" I tried to run away but the kids followed me right back to casita.

"we're not going anywhere till you tell us what you're gift is!" the kids yelled.

"oh come on guys I don't have time for this!" I tried to reason with them "I have to help my family with the celebrations and-"

"mira!" I turned to attention at the sound of my angry abello "what are you doing?"

Oh god how do I explain this! "umm Well you see-"

"mira was just about to tell us about her super awesome gift!" the little bunny girl yelled.

"oh she never got one" tiana shrugged before walking back inside. She's so calm about it!

The kids turned back to me "you don't have a gift?"

I sighed. This is awkward! "well you see I don't need a gift. I'm just as special as the rest of my family"

The looked over at the rest of my family used their gift to decorate casita.

"I think your gift is being in denial" the plant girl muttered.

I sighed and picked up a gift basket as I trugged inside.

Blue was using her flowers to decorate casitas walls. She looked at me struggling with the basket and sighed "try not to get in the way mira"

"I'm not getting in the way blue. It's called helping. Something you wouldn't know about!" I stuck my tongue out at her.

"don't worry about her sis" bb came over with a doney on his shoulder "Just keep doing your best" he held out his fist to me.

"thanks bro" I gave him a fistbump.

"you two are so cheesy" blue rolled her eyes.

I stuck my tongue out again. God she's the worst!

I brought the gift basket into the kitchen. Mom saw me struggling with it and sighed.

"now honey you don't have to push so hard. You know your family loves you with or without a gift"

"I know mama I'm just trying to do my part" I muttered as I placed the gift basket down.

"your mothers right" papa put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see his face was all messed up. Why dose he have to get injured so often! "I think this whole getting a gift from a magical house is overrated anyway!"

"oh hush up and eat!" mom shoved a pastery in his mouth. He then gently cupped my cheeks "now promise me that your going to have fun today. You are a member of this family and you don't have to prove that to anyone!"

"ok ok I get it" I giggled as I ran off "love you both. Goodbye!"

I ran upstairs and pulled out what I've been working on all night. It was a candle holder made out of cloth with everyone's name on it.

I placed it outside everyone's door. I finally put down the candle outside of abelos room when I fell and accidentally burnt the cloth. I stomped out the flame.

Unfortunately abello walked past me at this moment.

He sighed "mira you understand that this is an important time for young Antonio right?"

"yes! That's why I made these-"

"then perhaps you should stay out of the way" he said coldly before walking off.

When he walked down the stairway I heard a conversation between him and mama..

"can you not be so hard on mira papa. You know that today's going to be hard for her"

"if it's anything like her gift ceramony then today will be hard on all of us.."

I slumped my shoulders in defeat. How can I feel like part of the family if I'm not even allowed to help?