Hiding The Proficiency (with Help From Dad)

Miras pov

I stared at the completed picture in disbelief. That's me. That's me behind a broken casita. This can't be right. I can't be responsible for the miracle dieing!

"hey kiddo!" dad burst through the door "I hope you're ready to get your dance shoes on cause its time to party-" he stopped once his eyes landed on the picture.

"I found it in tio Storms room" I admitted "I think I might be a curse papa" tears brimmed in my eyes.

He stepped forward. I thought he was going to yell at me and tell me I was a mistake but instead he petted my head with a gentle smile.

"hey there's no need for tears kiddo" he gently wiped my tears away "I'm sure this is a misunderstanding. You love this family. You would never do anything to hurt it"

I nodded and hugged him. Trust papa to have such kind words of encouragement.

He took me by my shoulders "now we're going to figure this out but until then we keep this to ourselves. No one else must know-"

Our conversation was cut off by a small yelp. We looked out the door to see talia standing out the doorway with wide eyes.

"I know" she whispered before running off.

We looked at each other nervously. This isn't good!