Wedding Blessings

Sonics pov

"sonic are you sure you want to do this?" jet asked worriedly. He had a right to be worried. I was about to ask the old man for his blessings. The same old man who's hated me for years.

"I'll be fine honey" I said reassuringly before kissing his cheek "now wish me luck!" jet nodded as I headed through the door.

God give me strength!

The old man sat at edge of the table sipping tea. I swallowed. Not even robotnics robots are as intimidating as this!

"what do you want boy" he growled.

I took a deep breath "I'm going to cut to the chase. I've asked for jets hand in marriage and he said yes. We both decided that we wanted your blessing though"

He looked shocked but quickly masked it "and what do you plan to do with my son? Do you plan to run away with my son?" he pressed.

"no sir. I actually plan to settle down in this village with him" I replied "I know how much this village means to him and wouldn't dare take him away from it"

He nodded "I'll be honest with you boy. I never liked you or your kind but recently my daughter has started a relationship with that fox boy and she seems happy" so tails really did end up winning that wave girls heart. Miles perhour You sly fox! "you seem to make my son happy too so I'll give you my blessings"

"really!" I jumped in surprise "thank you sir! I promise you won't regret it!"

I raced out of the room and hugged jet. He's really mine now!