Our Family Isn't Perfect (and That's OK!)

Miras pov

*hic* *hic*

I sobbed next to the river as I listened to the water rush by. My beloved casita, my families wonderful gifts. Their all gone and its all my fault!

"ah this place brings back memories" I looked up in surprise to see abello looking out at the river "this is where casita was given to me for the first time"

"abello I'm so sorry" I sobbed "you were right. I really did kill the miracle!"

"no child your not responsible" he sighed as he took a seat next to me "you tried to fix things. That's more than a miserable old man like me could have done" he gently wiped my tears away.

I was surprised. I can't remember the last time he was this kind towards me.

He looked out at the river "this is where my wife died. I still remember holding your mother in my arms. He was so tiny. He meant everything to me and my wife. That's why she gave up her life to protect us" he looked away "I was so afraid of losing anyone else that I ended up hurting the people I love most. I don't know how I can make up for that"

I looked at him with sincere eyes "I was wrong when I said you never cared about this family. We've both made mistakes in the past but there is nothing broken that we cannot fix"

I pulled him into a hug. He hugged me back. In the distance I could hear something building itself in the background. We looked up and gasped.

It's casita!

"it was you" I muttered in disbelief "I was supposed to hug you this whole time!"

Suddenly tio storm burst through the bushes "Casitas back!" he yelled as he ran up and hugged me "you did it kid. You really did it!"

"Storms here?" abello muttered in disbelief.

"it's a long story" I chuckled nervously "come on let's go home"

*time skip*

We returned to the house and was immediately greeted from our family. Mama and tia hugged tio storm, apologising profusely for making him feel unwanted. My siblings gave me a big hug and papa greeted abello with a big smile.

"ahh look at that. Casitas back, my brother-in-laws back, my baby girls safe and sound. Alls well that ends well" papa smiled.

"I think this is the perfect time to take a photo" tails grinned.

"great idea son" abello smiled "come in for a photo everyone"

So we all squeezed in for a brand new family photo. One where everyone is included and everyone was happy..

The end.