The Dinner

Miras pov

Me and dad ran down to the hallway, trying to stop taila before she reached the others. Unfortunately she was already sitting at the kitchen table.

"where have you two been" abello scolded us "our guests have been waiting" he gestured over to randall and his mother rouge the bat.

"sorry abello" I bowed apologetically before taking a seat opposite talia. I can't let her tell anyone about the profecy!

Randall was a half bat and half echidna. He looked like a male version of his mother and was known as the hottest boy in the village. No wonder my perfect sister is getting set up with him!

"it's so good of you to make it here on such short notice" abello smiled at the woman.

"oh it was no problem dear" she said kindly "my husband would also be here but you know what knuckles is like"

"yeah dosen't surprise me that that knucklehead would avoid a party" dad chuckled as he gently squeezed my hand under the table. I guess he's trying to be reassuring. It's nice.

I snapped to attention once I noticed that taila was whispering something to her brother. He immediately chocked on his food, causing him to shapeshift around his face.

"wallace fix your face" tails scolded him.

He leaned in and whispered something into his father's ear. Tails immediately spat out his water.

"tails your just as bad as our son!" wave scolded him.

He then leaned in and whispered something into her ear. A cloud began to form over waves head.

"mama you have a cloud" toni pointed out.

"ok happy thoughts happy thoughts" wave muttered to herself.

Oh gosh this isn't good. I need some kind of distraction.

"ok I think we all know what you're here for" I stood up and made blues chair face his "you want to perpose to my sister. So perpose already!"

"young lady you are far out of line" mom yelled at me.

"no I think she's quite right" abello spoke up "go ahead son"

"o-ok" he muttered nervously before getting down on one knee. Blue shot a glare at me before turning back to Randall "dearest blue I have a question for you" he pulled out a ring "will you marry-"

He was cut off by one of the tiles hitting him in the face. We looked up to see the house cracking around us.

"mira breaking the magic" taila yelled as she covered her ears "I heard her and tio talk about it after they found tio Storms missing profecy. Oh god we're all doomed!"

And just like that larger cracks begin to form around casitas walls. We all looked up in horror. The house really is breaking.

I felt something moving in my bag. I looked in it to see several rats jumping out with the pieces of the profecy.

"hey come back with that!" I yelled as I chased after them.