Vector's Neighbor, Karen

Vector opened the curtains of his bedroom to find someone, or rather, his next-door neighbor, stood on his freshly mowed grass, yelling and raising her fist angrily, still in a nightgown with curlers in her hair. I wonder what in the name of the Gaia temples is wrong? The croc thought to himself, a bit worried about why she was acting like that. She'd only moved in the day before, surely Charmy wasn't that annoying.

And so, still in his slippers and dressing gown, he walked down the staircase, into the kitchen where he saw Charmy helping himself to coco pops, also still in PJs, and then out the front door into the fresh morning Spring air.
"Hello, ma'am? Can I help you?" He asked politely, and the Woman started to shout:
"Do you know what time that kid of yours went to sleep?! Why it must have been around 3 am! All I could hear all that was that theme song, 'I wanna be, the very best,' something or another, going over and over again! I am very disappointed that you would let your children watch T.V. all the way into the night!" She screamed, and other people out on the street looked over, wondering what all the yelling was about.
"Well, ma'am. It's a Saturday today. I let the kid watch TV in bed on Weekends, you know, as a little treat for getting through the week. School can be quite draining, ya know. I'm sure he went to sleep before that, and the tv was probably playing to itself. Netflix, ya know what I mean?" Vector kindly explained, keeping his cool.
"Well, this is irresponsible parenting if I ever did see it! I will be having words with the police about this! Hmm!" She then turned around and walked back into her house. Sighing, Vector walked back into his own and put the coffee machine on. "I'm gonna need this extra strong after all that! Haha!" The croc laughed to himself, and Charmy looked up, "After what?" He questioned, and the croc looked at him kindly. "Oh, nothing," he lied, knowing that the sensitive bee would be upset if he knew that his tv had caused a disturbance. "Oh, ok. If you say so. Me and Mike are going to Angel Island to play explorers," Charmy continued, wanting the older Crocodile to know what he was doing before disappearing for the day.
"Ok kiddo. Thanks for the heads up. Just remember to be back before Sundown." Vector smiled at him again, and Charmy nodded, running out of the house. Such a good kid. I don't know what Karen is talking about.

On his way out the house, merrily skipping down the road, Charmy happened to see Karen's son, Spencer sitting glumly at the window, frowning sadly. Waving cheerfully at him, he seemed to cheer up, and Charmy had an idea. He was going to invite Spencer to play with him. He beckoned excitedly to him, and Spencer immediately got the idea and ran out of the room, and a few seconds later, appeared in the Garden, a nerf gun in hand. The two then made their way down the street, on their way to find Mike.

Meanwhile, up on Angel Island, Sonic was sitting outside Tails' workshop on a deck chair, reading. It all seemed peaceful, with flickies singing their songs in the air, the smell of the fresh morning after some nighttime rain, and the sweet aroma of blossoming plants. With, of course, the occasional slight sound of Tails tinkering in his workshop. All was calm and peaceful.

Until the faint sound of yelling was heard in the distance. Frowning, Sonic put his book down, got up if the chair, peered over the ledge, and saw three figures in the distance, who had just got themselves off the skyline.

"Wait, there's no skyline to Angel Island?"

You ask. Well, you see, there is now. After the Master Emerald was restored just before the battle with Chaos*, the island ascended back to its place in the sky. After that, it was hard for a lot of people to access the island, including Sonic, unless he had the tornado or Tails with him. And so, a skyline was put in place for easy access.
But you've got to have a pass, not everyone can go up there.
Of course Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all had one, them living up there most of the time and that. And then emergency workers, just in case of emergencies. And then there were Sonic's close friends.