Chapter 11: My Hattie

All I kept thinking about was the simple kiss Leo gave me after filming. I touched my lips lightly at the end of the day as I sat on the couch in my suite.

"You okay," Leo softly chuckled, coming out of the bathroom with wet hair from a shower.

"Yeah," I managed to say, hugging my knees to my chest as he took the spot beside me. "I heard from Cecilia. She said she was going to try to visit in a couple of weeks. She said she has a surprise for us."

"I wonder what the surprise is."

"Me too. Do you want the tv on a certain channel?" I looked over at him as I gripped the remote.

"Nah, I'm pretty tired actually," he yawned, stretching his arms up.

"Yeah, we did a lot of filming today."

"And kissing," he playfully said, me leaning my head against his shoulder.

"You kissed me when we weren't filming earlier. It surprised me." I tried to bring up the topic casually, but I already felt like I failed.

"Oh, that. I was just happy when you complimented me, and I guess I forgot and kissed you to say 'thank you,'" he rambled.

"Oh, that makes sense." I pressed my lips together before getting up. "We have the pool scene tomorrow." I was gazing at the night sky beyond our window.

"At least you get to keep your clothes on this time." He wrapped his arms around me from behind, joining his hands in front of my stomach.

"Do you think we're getting too wrapped up in the movie?" His chin was now resting on my shoulder as though we were a couple.

"Maybe, but it won't last long. Soon we'll be dying or banished or depressed."

I barely nodded as I bit my lower lip, feeling him let go of me.

"Now I'm cold tonight," I faintly giggled after we got into bed.

"I'm so fucking hot. You want to help me get cooled off? I can warm you up."

I blushed at how that first statement sounded, not expecting the offer. "Well, okay, but isn't this kind of weird? Us sleeping so close together?"

"You didn't seem to mind last ni-" He stopped mid-sentence as my eyes widened.

"You knew? But you said you didn't wake up during the night."

"I forgot about it. I was so tired when we got to set at first."

"I'm so embarrassed. I did that without realizing it."

"It was kind of my fault."

"How was it your fault?" I tilted my head quizzically as he explained.

"You kept tossing and turning and reaching for something, so I kind of pulled you over... And you instantly clung to me, so I didn't want to wake you up. You were finally sleeping peacefully." It was one of the first times he was avoiding my gaze as I smiled a tiny bit in the darkened room.

I silently came over to his side, his hand cautiously touching my middle as I held my breath.

"You want me to rub your back to help you sleep," he asked.

"Yes, please." I melted when his warm hand rubbed over the back of my shirt, remembering the honeymoon scenes from earlier. I sighed in contentment as I fell asleep even quicker than the first night.

The following day was spent with a bunch of kisses as we filmed the pool scene. I felt that I was floating on air as I moved in the water in my flowing dress. It was so hard not to get distracted by how sexy Leo looked, his slightly opened mouth as I climbed the ladder killing me. At one point when we were in the tank, Leo jokingly rubbed over my bottom and I blushed so hard as he smiled.