Chapter 14: We Have A Lot of Catching Up to Do

"I...," Leo trailed off before suddenly kissing me. I didn't react at first before naturally kissing him back, wondering why he was randomly doing this. It wasn't just a simple peck like that last time either, our lips overlapping as I got a taste of him. I hummed to myself after we parted, pressing my lips together as I looked at the floor. "I like you, Hattie." What? He wasn't done yet either. "I think about you all the time, and I like you," he finished, my eyes cautiously lifting to his.

"You what," I whispered.

He swallowed hard as he looked as though he was about to pass out. "I like you, Hattie," he breathed, almost stumbling as his face paled.

"Are you okay," I checked, our voices staying hushed as I held onto his arm.

"I'm fine," he claimed, his ocean eyes steadily wavering between mine.

"You like me? You like me," I asked, emphasizing it a bit more on the second question.

"Yeah, can you tell me if you like me back? I'm kind of dizzy," he softly chuckled.

"You're dizzy just because of me?" I realized I wasn't answering as I composed myself. "I like you too, Leo. I like you a lot. I really really like you." I was almost laughing as I grinned like mad, holding his face in my hands. "Why didn't you tell me this sooner? I've liked you for so long, you idiot," I fondly said.

"I was scared to tell you because of Paul. I didn't want to make you upset with me."

My face gradually fell as I let go of him, messing with my fingers as I chewed on my lower lip. "Yeah, I should break things off with Paul first. I mean, before we do anything together like kiss, which you already did." I found myself smiling again as the joy completely filled me. "I hate you for not telling me sooner," I playfully told him, aching to kiss him if only a peck.

"So, it's you and me now," he checked, taking my hands as I nodded.

"Yeah, it's me and you. I can't even think right now. I need to find Paul. I need to find Paul..." My mind was spinning as I stole a brief peck even though I promised not to, before rushing off. I didn't even remember to change out of my wedding dress as I found our group of friends on the beach.

"Um, Paul? I need to talk to you," I breathed, my updo tousled as I did my best not to let my happiness show. I knew this would be a tough conversation, and he would be hurt. "I think it's best if we break up. You're really cute and nice, but I think I've just had a crush on you this whole time. I don't think it's going to lead to anything more."

"You want to be with him," Paul somehow guessed.

"How did you know?"

"You can't stop smiling. I feel like I should be more mad at you, but I can't be. We're too good of friends for me to feel that way."

"So, friends?" I held out my hand as he grasped it to shake.

"Friends," he faintly smiled.

I was running like a crazy person back to the set where Leo would be waiting, people probably confused why a girl in a wedding dress was sprinting the streets. I felt I was in a dream when I spotted Leo still in his fancy suit. When I pinched myself though I definitely felt pain, which was the best kind before I calmly walked up to him.

"O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied," Leo asked, purposely getting into the character of Romeo to be suave. I ducked my head as the uncontrollable smile spread across my lips.

"What satisfaction canst thou have tonight," I played along.

"The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine."