Chapter 18: "Now Was Perfect"

I kept readjusting my pale pink dress, my hair in a cute updo with fake blossoms in a darker pink woven in the braid. "I dread this. I know it's supposed to be one of the happiest days, but I just don't feel like it is," I sighed, Leo coming from behind me in his black tuxedo.

"I know, but try to be happy for your sister, okay? It might work out, and this is a special day for her," Leo gently said, rubbing my bare shoulders as I shivered.

"Yeah, I'll do my best. We should be heading to the beach, huh? It's half an hour before the ceremony."

He nodded before resting his hand on the small of my back, us walking outdoors. It was slightly windy as we trekked across the road. Eventually the gleaming ocean came into view, and my sibling was hiding behind a building of restrooms. She didn't want Brad to see her dress until she walked down the makeshift aisle. I smiled some when I saw the small seashells making up the sides, finding it adorable and clever.

"Are you nervous," I asked Cecilia, slightly laughing myself as she gave me a fresh bouquet. She had decided for light pink dahlias, which were also the national flower of Mexico.

"So nervous, but also really excited," she beamed, almost bouncing on her heels as her face lit up. "I can't wait to start a life with Brad."

"Um, I was just curious, what made you decide to move up the date?"

"We just couldn't wait anymore," she gushed. "It was his idea to go through with it now."

I barely nodded as the man initiating the wedding stepped in front of Brad.

"I better get up there," Leo told us, running to take his position. He was Brad's best man, while I was Cecilia's maid of honor. The moment the music started I gracefully went down the aisle first, standing by myself as the melody changed to my sister's big moment. Brad kept smiling special at her as she strode up to us, her face flushed from her own wide smile. Their eyes stayed locked on each other as they recited the traditional vows. Eventually it was time to say their own, which they both wrote on a small piece of paper.

"Brad, I never dreamed I would meet you. I always thought you were the cutest, most handsome celebrity, and I still believe that, but now I truly know who you are. You are a wonderful man that I'm blessed to call my husband. I can't wait to start a life together. I love you so much, baby."

"I love you so much too, baby," Brad grinned before his line of sight drifted to his unfolded sheet of paper. "I never expected for you to come into my life, but I'm sure glad you did. Who knew one haircut could turn into a lifetime of haircuts?" Cecilia giggled as she put the back of her hand in front of her mouth. "I can't wait to start a life together either. I've been so happy these past few months. I can't wait to continue to be that happy with you."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the preacher eventually announced, them smiling into their kiss. Brad deepened it a little more than necessary, causing Cecilia to giggle before they parted.

"So, who's up for cake and ice cream," Brad questioned, my sister still holding onto his side, her absolutely glowing.

In a short amount of time we were at a nice restaurant. I was confused why there were three cakes brought to our table, soon figuring it out when Brad and Cecilia were doing the Mexican birthday tradition. The waiters would push their faces into the cake before them, where they would take the first bite for good luck. I just stared at them as the staff sang a Mexican song on a guitar in the background, just in shock by what happened.

"I'm not sure I would want to do that tradition," I admitted quietly to Leo.

"It might be fun," he remarked. "But I don't want to do it today." He lowly chuckled before the bride and groom had their faces revealed, covered in frosting. They managed to find their cloth napkins, wiping away the mess as they laughed together.