Prologue

3rd Person POV

Izuku stood still on the rooftop alone. He had just asked All Might the most important question of his life, and All Might just shut him down. He couldn't believe it. This month couldn't get worse.

"I really am just a Deku. Worthless. Maybe I should just listen to Kacchan and jump. No one would miss me." Izuku walked over to the edge of the building and looked down. Maybe he should just go. His mom is dead, his dad left years ago, Kacchan doesn't care about him. The only one who really cares is Mitsuki. Even then though, she hasn't seen him since the funeral.

After a few seconds of standing there, Izuku decides to get down. He eventually gets off the roof and starts walking away from the building. The notebook with all his most recent notes falls out of his hands and onto the ground. He doesn't even care anymore. Being a hero is impossible for him, so why should he continue to pretend it is?

While walking, Izuku bumps into someone. He looks up and sees an entire crowd of people looking at a villain. He looks through the crowd and sees the villain All Might just saved him from. Even worse though, Kacchan is in the monster.

Without realizing it, Izuku bursts through the crowd of people and sprints towards the villain keeping Kacchan captive. He pulls off his backpack and throws it, one of his books hitting the villain in the eye. "You little shit! I'm gonna kill you!"

"Deku! What the fuck are you doing here? I didn't ask for your damn help!"

"I'm not sure! My legs moved without me telling them to." Izuku plunges his hand into the dark green sludge, pulling Kacchan out as best as he can. After seemingly nothing happening, both boys feel a large hand grab both of theirs and pull them aside. Then, a massive gust of wind. They look up and see All Might standing there while rain slowly starts to pour around them.

After a few minutes of the heroes cleaning up the sludge villain, they start to go over to the two boys. One group praises Bakugo for his strong quirk and his ability to stay awake long enough for All Might to show up. The other group scolds Izuku for rushing in and risking his life for no reason, especially since he didn't have a quirk.

Izuku left as soon as he could. That was the finally straw. He couldn't take it anymore. He was running away and never coming back. The heroes didn't want him, his dad didn't want him Kacchan didn't want him. No one cared about him. So why should he care about them?

He ran as far as he could. He ran for an hour before stopping. He didn't recognize his surroundings, but that was fine. He was far enough away to stop caring. He walked towards a bench and sat down. He stayed there for a few minutes before someone sat down beside him. He looked to his right and saw a man with a black hoodie covering his face, although a few strands of light blue hair stuck out in a few places.

"Hey, you're that kid that tried to save that other kid today, right?" Izuku blinked at that and wondered what he was talking about, before remembering that there were reporters nearby. He nodded his head and then went back to looking straight ahead.

"The heroes chewed you out for no reason, right? That's dumb. You were in the right. That must make you angry, doesn't it?"

"W-well, I mean, I guess so. I did my best to save Kacchan while no one was doing anything, and all of a sudden, I'm in the wrong. It's bullshit."

"Damn right it is. But I have a question for you."

"Yeah?"

"What if you could get revenge?" Izuku thought about it for a second. He didn't hate them. But he did wish he could prove them wrong.

"I'd love to prove them wrong. But why me? I'm quirkless."

"Well, you have other talents to offer us." The man held up Izuku's burnt notebook with four fingers for him to see.

"H-how'd you g-g-get th-that?"

"You dropped it somewhere. I just happened to find it. You know, my friends and I can help you prove the heroes wrong, Izuku. You just have to work with us." Izuku didn't know what to do. Either he could join them and prove everyone wrong, or he could go back home and disappear into the background.

"I'll join you. But I need to know everything about you and your group as I can before I fully commit."

"That's fine. My name is Tomura Shigaraki. I'm part of a group called the League of Villains. Our goal is to try and deconstruct the hero society. You could be a big help with your notes. And we'll train you so you can hold your own in a fight."

Izuku felt incredibly conflicted hearing this. On the one hand, they were villains. On the other though, he'd be useful to someone for the first time in his life. "I'll accept. But I have a few conditions."

"Perfect. We'll discuss them in my hideout." The man stood up and pulled out a phone. "Kurogiri, open a portal near us. The kid is joining. Okay. Let master know that he's joining us and that we'll need someone to train him."

The man now known as Shigaraki put the phone back in his pocket and signaled for Izuku to stand up. A portal opened shortly after, and Shigaraki walked in. Izuku followed. Once inside, Izuku took a look around. There was a bar in the right-hand corner. It was somewhat dark, but still bright enough for Izuku to see a slight layer of dust on the glasses behind the bar.

"Hello, Izuku Midoriya. I am Kurogiri. I am here to serve you and Tomura. Our master has told me that your personal trainer will be here soon." Izuku nodded at the man made of purple mist in a suit. He goes to ask a question, but Kurogiri seems to already know what it is. "Your room is down the hall to the left. I'll be homeschooling you."

"Thanks. I'm gonna go to my room for now." Izuku walked to his room and put his backpack on the ground. He got on the surprisingly comfortable bed and relaxed. "I think my luck is gonna turn from here on out."

Word count: 1067

Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoy this book; I've been thinking about writing this type of story for a while. Let me know what you think in the comments. I have a place I want this to go, but I'd love some suggestions for what you want to see. I really do hope you enjoyed it. Have a good day and remember to drink some water.