Today was a FANTASTIC day

Izuku's POV

I woke up to the shimmering sunlight flittering through my window. I just got the best damn sleep I've gotten in almost a year. I slowly get up and stretch before getting dressed. I think I'll go on a small run before I get everything I need for the cafe.

I run downstairs and go to one of the giant fridges and open the door. I bought some stuff to make a sandwich, and I grab some of it and make something to eat before heading out. The League was always low on food seeing as they didn't know how to grocery shop, so I know how to handle my hunger.

I go back to the park Kurogiri dropped me off at, and I take a few stretches before getting ready for my run. I make sure the sandwich is safely fastened in the sealable bag and kept tucked in my pocket before starting my run. I think about the route I want to take before going off.

While I go on my run, I pass the store for appliances and see they have a sale on some of the stuff I need. I stop there and write the name down in my phone before continuing on. The sun has slowly gotten closer to the center of the sky. I think of checking the time before deciding not to. The morning is calm and peaceful. I don't wanna ruin it by putting a time constraint on myself.

I reach the end of my route and turn around. I take a moment to relax and breathe before going back. The scenery is nice and there isn't much going on, it's so calm and peaceful, unlike how things were back at the bar. I see that store I took note of in the distance and start slowing down. I wasn't going particularly fast, but I just felt like slowing would be a good idea.

I reach the front of the store and look in to see someone around my age working at the place. She looks familiar, but I shake it off and decide to wipe my forehead with my shirt to get any sweat off before heading in.

"Hello. Welcome to [Small Town Appliance Store Name]. If there anything you're looking for?" The girl behind the counter seems a little anxious, but that's probably just how it is in retail. I walk a bit closer to the counter before saying anything. She's pretty cute.

"Yeah, I'm looking for some stuff to open a cafe with. Baking supplies, mixers, coffee makers, the whole shebang. I saw some of that stuff was on sale and thought that now would be the perfect time to buy some of that stuff." She nods her head and points out where I can find everything.

I walk over and grab a few things before realizing that I don't have enough hand or arm space to carry all this. I can tell I'm going to drop everything if I don't put something down soon. "Um, can I set my stuff down and then add everything up at the end? I'm kinda running out of hands."

"Yeah sure, just set it down on the counter and I'll ring up the stuff you have so far." I let out a sigh of relief before heading back to the counter and dropping my stuff off. I grab the last few items before going back. "Is this all for today?"

"Yeah. Thanks for helping me find everything. I'd probably still be bumbling around like an idiot trying to find everything." She smiles and continues scanning. I slowly start to recognize where I know her from. This is that girl I saw at the USJ. I saved her.

"Um, I know this isn't really my place to ask since I'm a stranger, but I have a question for you. You don't need to answer, but I'm good at noticing body language, and yours is just screaming anxiety. Are you okay? Has anything happened recently that has taken a toll on you mentally?"

She looks up and I can see the tears welling in her eyes. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine. I just haven't really let myself think about it. My friends and I got attacked by villains yesterday, and I've just submerged myself in things to try and keep myself from thinking about it. It's been a lot to think about." She puts her head down and starts crying. I don't really know what to do, so I just put a hand on her shoulder.

She looks up at me and all I can think is how beautiful she looks, regardless of the tears and the bags under her eyes. "It's gonna be okay. I know it's a lot to take in, but things will get easier. You don't know me very well, but I hope you know that you can talk to me about anything." She nods her head and starts crying a little bit more.

She takes some time to recollect herself before finishing bagging everything. I pay her and get ready to leave, even though a pretty big part of me wants to stay and get lost in her wonderful, deep brown eyes. "Wait, I don't know how to contact you. H-how can I talk to you if I don't have your number or anything."

I walk back to the counter and ask for a pen and paper. I write my number down and hand everything back. She stares at it for a second before smiling and putting it in her pocket and thanking me. I smile and walk back to my place, feeling some warmth in my chest that I haven't felt since I've seen mom.

As I get back, I see something on the door. It's a little note taped to the door. I enter and set everything down on one of the tables before grabbing the note and reading it.

Dear Izuku,

                You weren't here today when I stopped by, but I wanted to check in to see how you were doing. I hope you had a nice first night in your house, and I just wanted you to know that you don't have to worry about paying me back. Money isn't an issue for me, and yours would be better spent investing in this place. You're a good kid, and I know that things have been rough for you. I hope your luck turns around, and things go well from now on. Have a good day, and make sure you eat something. Stay healthy.

                                                                                                Your friend, Toshinori Yagi

My smile gets wider and wider as I read the note. I set it down and pull the sandwich out of my pocket and run upstairs to get a piece of paper and a pencil. I have some more stuff to buy tomorrow, and I need to inquire about getting a permit to sell food and drinks, so I'll probably be out when Yagi returns. I write my letter out while I eat and fold it and put it in an envelope. I write his name on it and put it on the table closest to the door.

Today was a FANTASTIC day. I hope this luck continues into tomorrow.

Word Count: 1197

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Wow, I wrote two different chapters for two different stories today. I'm on a roll. I have an idea for how I want this book to progress, but I'd still love to anything you guys would like to see. Thank you for reading this chapter. The support means a lot to me. Let me know what you think, and any criticism is appreciated and welcomed. Have a good day, and remember to drink some water.