"I'm always terrified when I go into fights."

Izuku's POV

Although our partnership has only just begun, Toga and 'Dabi' have proved to be useful to me. Thye told me that an attack is being planned on a training camp tomorrow. They told me where the camp is, where each person is attacking from, and when the attack is taking place. I tell them to avoid using their quirks and keep as far out of the way as they can. I'll signal to them when to start betraying everyone else and working to meet with me. We set a meeting point and everything.

I'm dreading when it happens. They're going after Bakugo and a few other students. Their main target is him though. My guess is that they're going to try and get him to side with them. As much as I hate him, I have to say that he's not as much of a pushover as they think he is. If they get him, they'll have a harder time turning him to their cause than they think.

I kept the shop closed today to make sure I had time to train. I spent the whole day making plans and going over all the LoV plans to make sure I can take them all down before anything happens. I'll need to rest well tonight to make sure I'm level-headed tomorrow. I hope Uraraka isn't targeted. Even though I'm risking a lot by being there tomorrow, I need to be there to make sure she's okay.

Time Skip

I pace back and forth in my costume as I wait for the portal to open. Toga said she could get me into her area by saying she needed to get something from somewhere. She never expanded on that, but I don't really care. As long as I can get in and stop them, I don't care how. A few moments later, a portal opens and Toga steps out with a decently sized duffel bag. I look at her, then the duffel bag, then back to her, then back to the duffel bag. I look back and forth for a few seconds before she finally speaks up. "Alright, get in."

I take a deep breath before shrugging and getting in the duffel bag. My legs hurt a little, but it'll be over soon. I can feel her move and walk back through the portal. It's always had a cold feel to it. Someone says something to her and she responds, but I can't quite make it out. I just try and keep myself quiet and still. Eventually, I feel that same cold wash go over my body before the bag starts being opened. I get out of it and stand up. I look around and remember where this area was based off of the map, and remember how to get to the spot I need to be at.

I turn to leave, but Toga grabs my arm. I look at her, making sure she's okay. She has a sad smile on and seems like she doesn't want to let go. "Be safe, okay?" I stare at her for a second before regaining my composure and nodding. She reluctantly lets go and I turn towards my destination, running as fast as I can to get there quickly. On the way, I see the first villain I need to take down; Muscular. He's on a higher up place than I thought. I look at the terrain and make a quick path up there.

I run up and survey the area, making sure no one is around. Halfway through my look around, I see a kid cowering in fear staring at me. I pause, questioning why he's staring at me. Then I realize that I was on TV saying about how I'm not a hero or a villain. I go to walk over, only for Muscular to jump down between us. He's staring at the kid, saying how he's gonna kill him. It makes my blood boil. I reach through my pockets, trying to find one of my smoke bombs. I eventually get one and throw it between the kid and Muscular. It goes off and I run over to the kid, scooping him up and getting ready to jump down the cliff.

The smoke clears before I can jump, so I set the kid down and turn to face Muscular. "Oh, you're that vigilante, right? The one who's 'not on either side'. Haha, that's such a stupid fuckin' line. Only an idiot kid would say that type of shit. Oh wait, you ARE just an idiot kid." He starts laughing again and I take a second to remember how to take him down. His quirk enhances his muscles so much they stretch outside of his skin. He's missing an eye from his fight with the two heroes who died fighting him. I could try using electricity to stun him and knock him out. He seems to be ready to fight, sweeping off the cape he's wearing. "Recognize me?"

"I already knew who you were, idiot. I'm smarter than you think. Plus, I already know your quirk. So, let's just get this over with, alright?"

"A fighting spirit. I like it. Let's go!" He rushes at me, expanding his muscles as much as he can. I run towards him and make sure to analyze his attack. He goes for a punch, so I slide between his legs to avoid it. He turns around and goes for a stomp, only for me to roll out of the way. I reach into my pocket for my taser, only for him to grab my other arm. He applies pressure, trying to break it. I do my best to find the taser and get it as quick as possible. I can feel my arm straining. I pull the taser out and stick it to his neck and tase him with as much of a punch as I can. He lets go of my arm and I fall back to the ground.

The taser is still in my hand, so I keep going for his muscles. He keeps screaming as the voltage increases. I drag the taser up with me as I climb up his body. I reach back into my pockets and grab a cannister of knockout gas. I jam it in between his muscles closest to his face. I make sure to keep the taser on him while putting the knockout gas into his muscles. I tie a string to the pin and jump down, keeping the taser onto his muscles. I jam that in as well, making sure the string isn't taut. I go over to the kid, keeping an eye on the string the whole time. I make sure my mask is set to stop voice modulating and start filtering out toxic gases. I hand the kid the gas mask and help him put it on. He looks up at me, terrified.

"It's okay. This is to keep you safe. I know it's a little scary, but it's okay to be scared. I'm always terrified when I go into fights. Especially with guys like this."

"I-it's not that. That's the guy who...killed my parents." I stare down at the kid and think for a second. A thought pops into my head and I pull the kid close to me.

"Here. Hold this." I hand him the string and he grabs it. "Pull this on three. It'll knock that guy out. Ready?" I look at him and he nods his head. "Okay. One. Two. Three!" He pulls the string, and the gas starts spewing out. It doesn't immediately knock him out, but I can already see the effects taking hold. He walks towards us, and I push the kid out of the way while making sure he's still on the cliff. Muscular walks over to me, already having a hard time staying upright, and smacks me into the side of the mountain. My left arm hits the side and breaks in several places. I bite back a shriek and watch as he approaches me more and more.

Before he can reach me, a blast of water hits him in the side of the face. He turns slightly, seeing the kid staring at him through the gas mask. "I won't let you hurt him like you did to my parents!" He takes two steps before collapsing, the knockout gas fully affecting him. One down, too many more to go.

Word Count: 1396

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. This is longer than what I usually write, but it was very much worth it. Let me know what you guys thought and tell me what you'd like to see. Thanks for continuing to read this, and I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. Have a good day and remember to drink some water.