20. Let's get you out of here.

"Thoma, what do you call these again?" I asked him as I ate breakfast

"These are called pancakes! They are every Mondstadt citizen's breakfast!"

"Oh? Pancake? Tastes delicious and sweet..."

"Yup, glad you liked it. M'lady had personally requested I made this plus you aren't always here at the Estate, so I thought why not make extras for you as well."

"That's really kind of you, Thoma."

"Hehe, also Y/n remember when you asked me about ' tips on befriending the traveler' and I agreed to it for a deal?"

For a moment, I nearly spat out the tea in my mouth.

"Uh-Uhm..haha..." I laughed in a fake manner

"What's so funny? I thought we both should've kept our sides of the deal clean?" Thoma whimpered like a five year old.

"Excuse me, don't mind if I joined in as well? hm~" Ayato says as he stood between the door frame with his arms crossed over one another and leaning on the door frame.

"Oh, good morning M'lord, I suppose you've eaten your breakfast?"

"Yes I have Thoma, it was really quite delicious. Thank you."

"Well, what must've brought m'lord all the way here? hm?" I spoke sarcastically

"What's up with the sarcastic tone y/n? I've only come asking you a favor."

"Oh a favor."

"Accompany me till Tenryou Commission's police HQ, we've got some work to deal with there."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

We walk towards Inazuma City later that morning. Our way to the city was quite a bit weirder than usual considering people stared more at us. I don't know whether it was my imagination or reality, but they were seriously staring at me. Some giving me envious glances.

"What's the matter y/n? is there something troubling you?"

"I don't know but is people staring at me more today? Like I've done some sin..?"

"Wouldn't people give a pretty woman glances hm? That's what I think."

"Pretty? me? pff, your just assuming things."

Suddenly he stopped.

"No y/n, I really mean it you do look pretty."

Me who was trailing behind him face suddenly face with his charming face at my direction. I suddenly blushed.

"Wh-Why thank you then."

"Well then, let's get going."

After walking a bit more confidently thanks to Ayato's words, we finally made it to the police HQ. We entered the HQ and walked inside to the sector where the prison cells for petty thieves and trouble makers were kept.

"What are we here exactly for?"

"Wait for it."

"HEY, GET THE KUJOU CHICKEN HERE. I TAGGED ALONG WITH THE TRAVEL- oh it's you Ayato."

"Greetings Itto, don't forget Y/n here."

"Y/n's here too? Sheesh you all came here to see me defeat Kujou Tengu?!"

"No Itto, I came here to drag you out of here. Yes, I've heard the entire ordeal and since I'm bored out of my mind having nobody to play with too...I thought why not?"

Itto and Ayato continued having their little pointless conversations as I watched them talk. I was glad Itto wasn't bothering me today about the rematch.

Well...I might've sort of beaten him in ramen eating contest..not the kitsune one the normal Uyuu restaurant's event..

"What's with the huge fuss around here." A woman's voice was heard.

It was strict and mannered. I saw her enter the area. She had navy bluish- purple hair and a Tengu General uniform.

"KUJOU TENGU-"

"Shut up Itto and how might I help you Mr. Kamisato?"

She suddenly took a glance at me and spoke

"Oh my apologies for not noticing you there,..?"

"Y/n L/n, pleased to meet you Ms. Kujou Sara."

"Pleased to meet you as well, I suppose your one of Ayato's personal assistants."

.

.

.

"You see Ms. Kujou, I'd like you to release Itto for a couple of days-" Ayato said

"No can do, he's been simply making quite the fuss lately-"

"Under my wording that he'll not cause anything for the next 14 days and if he does so the Yashiro Commission will handle his capturing."

"Mr. Kamisato Ayato, what guarantee do I have that he'll not trouble my fellow shogunate warriors? It's always the same reason you come here for, but he never keeps his word to you nor me."

"Isn't that what you and I personally like about Itto? We both love babysitting him in one way."

"Hmp, I think not but if your once more willing to deal with this I'll let him out."

"Kujou Tengu, look we need to FINISH our rematch right here and now." Itto says has he held the cell bars tightly.

She ignored him and walked away.

Poor Itto.

"Alright Itto, time to get you out of here then." Said Ayato who was in a much more lighter mood.

"Itto, what had you done for getting in here?" I ask

" I might've beaten up couple of her warriors just to get close to her for a rematch."

"My, your so reckless..." I sighed.

After a couple minutes, some shogunate official came in with a bunch of keys and let Itto out freely. We three walked out of the HQ , until a guy came up to Itto and said,

"Boss!! your released! Guess what, a kid near the Konda village are betting on a card match for the Legendary rare card!!"

"Your not kidding me..." Itto stood with his jaws dropped.

Ayato scoffed and I sighed.

"Alright uh...thanks you guys...I'll be off."

"Itto do be at Chinju Forest later on for our game." Ayato says

"Alright, alright bye-bye Y/n and Ayato."

We waved him a bye.

"Do we head back to the Estate now? or do you have more people to visit?" I asked

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop into yours and Thoma's talk earlier today, but what was that deal?"

"I should've gotten Dango for Thoma, but whilst kidnapping the Traveler, I had to use the Dango."

"Oh? well why don't we go grab some milk tea and dango then head back to the Estate? I'm sure we'll find fine ones at Uyuu Restaurant."

"I have no problem with that then."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: Sheesh we're extremely close to 1k votes and 20k reads. The progress :DD.

I'm still thinking about the discord server, and If I were to make what should I even name it..

Then next up, I plan on making Ayato confess this not-so-well hidden love soon.