26. A dream.

Everything was plain around me

Everything was plain around me. Just an empty black void with nothing in it except for me. I looked around everywhere desperately. All of a sudden I saw a flake of snow.

The flake of snow fell down slowly into the void without stopping. I began running to where it was. I kept running, running and running, but I never was able to get closer to it. Almost as if the snow flakes were running away from me.

Suddenly I heard a charge up sound. It was from my Cryo Vision. I never realized it was right there on me. I quickly grabbed it from my holder and looked into it. I clutched it tight in my hands and began running more quicker.

A cryo infused aura was around me which was helping me run way quicker and helped me catch the snowflakes. I caught it and held my fist tight. As I let my palm loose, multiple luminescence of light particles left. Once again I was left alone in this endless void.

As I sighed in sadness, multiple snow flakes started swirling around me. In a swoosh, did it go in front of me and took form of another human.

"Wh-Who are you..." I asked as I protected my face and eyes using my arms.

"My dearest sister."

"T-That voice..Is that you elder brother?" I asked almost letting tears form in my eyes.

The snow around me started to get a little less violent.

I saw a humanly form in front of me, who soon changed from being just snow to light particles which showed his entire human self.

"Y/n, you've grown up so much. I've missed a lot haven't I?" He asked

"Elder brother.." I began sobbing

"Don't cry Y/n, your making me feel terrible."

"I've-..missed you so much..."

"I'm sorry, I..I failed to shield you from threats.."

"No..you've protected me a lot...but I felt so lonely for so long.."

He held my face and wiped off the tears forming.

"Come on, no more crying. Mother would be chasing me with the broomstick for making you cry." He smiled

I let a slight laugh amidst my crying. He began patting my head.

"There, there enough crying...I hope I haven't disappointed my sister."

"No you haven't elder brother. You've always been a glimmer of hope to me."

"I'm glad I left some good influence on you then." He laughed.

I brought myself to stop crying and wiped off the tears on my face.

"Y/n, I have limited time in this place. Before we bid our final farewells, I must warn you of a certain thing."

"What is it..?"

"Fatui. The year I died, I assume you know the reason but they'll be after you too. Not because your just my sister..."

"Then what else for..?"

"I'm afraid I cannot tell that yet. You will find it out with time. Stay strong and bold." He said me with a tone of worry.

"You must've been indeed quite a lot lonely, disturbed and depressed over the past years..I was so careless..I must've at least thought of you."

"You did what you had to. Don't worry of me, I-I burnt all those documents away...so they wouldn't come after me nor Heizou." I said

He smiled and pulled me into a hug. The snow beside was slowly fading away so was my brother. The light particles were slowly departing. My brother held me tight.

"Y/n...no matter what happens tomorrow.. always follow your heart...I'm sure it would lead you right."

"I'm so happy that I got to see my younger sister all grown up and serious."

"Just one final wish I'd like to have; I'd want you to break all the crystal barriers across your heart and open up once more like you used to once. I want you to have somebody who'd love you forever." He said as he sobbed a bit.

"I-...I will." I say and the entire light particles dispersed into a million individual dying particles.

I left a sigh and said.

"Farewell Brother.."

Suddenly I heard Ayato's voice and was quite surprised.

"Y/n, Wake up."

"Where are you Ayato?"

"WAKE UP!"

I open my eyes all of a sudden. I saw Ayato beside me along with Thoma and a worried Ayaka.

"Oh thank archons you are awake Y/n!" Thoma said.

"Were you having a nightmare Y/n? you seemed quite....I'm not sure how to put in." Ayaka asked

"I wasn't having a nightmare nor a dream....it was rather a reunion." I said

"Alright, no more pestering Y/n. We'll all leave you to get prepared for the day." Ayato said.

As Ayaka and Thoma had left and Ayato was about to leave I called him out,

"What's the matter Y/n?"

"I love you." I said and turned my head away.

Ayato was stuck for a moment. He then replied.

"I love you too. I suppose then we both would like trying.."

"Y-Yes.." I said.

"Hehe, your very cute when you have the red tint on your cheeks."

"Y-You...No actually get out I must change my clothes."

"Do I really have to go out~"

"Your being a perv-"

"Alright, alright this is just between us, I'm going out." He laughed and left.

I smiled at him and quickly saw my vision glow. I held them in my hands tight as I repeated my brother's last wishes in my head.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

                                        Dearest Brother, Thank you

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

A/N: We're close to 50k reads on this book, I'm so happy right now. Thank you for the 2k votes.

I'm not sure if I made anybody feel sad after reading this, but it was truly never intended. I had 0 plans to write such a part actually but I enjoyed writing this anyways.

+ Slowing down updates once more as I wish to continue farming a bit more for Ayato and make more time for school hours :D

P.S, the art above was drawn by me with a mouse very quickly, sorry if it looks messy