22. Deep Ocean.

Ayato's POV:

Ayato's POV:

"My head feels so *hic* light almost like I'm flying right now!"  Y/n says as she was drunk. Who knew she would've been this bad with her alcohol tolerance.

"Y/n, never am I letting you drink more than 2 glasses of sake."

"B-But Ayato! you drank 4 and how are you so sober!?"

"I'm very practiced to such things as alcohol."

"Have you heard of the saying 'Practice makes a man perfect'? So let me drink and get practiced to this!"

"Y/n, you are literally clinging onto my shoulders for walking on both your feet."

"Huh-? *hic* Am I?"

"Yes you are."

"Well-"

"Let's hurry up back to the Estate and get Thoma to brew you some tea to avoid a hangover and a disaster."

"Mhm alright".

I must admit, Y/n seemed a bit more open minded when she was in her drunk state. At sober self, she restrains herself from talking much often which is why I always had a fear that she'd hate me if I were to confess.

On our way back to the Estate through Chinju Forest, I finally got all my guts together to ask her,

"Y/n, may I ask a question?"

"Yes?"

"Do- you have any sort of feelings for me?"

For a moment there was a silence between us both. Y/n's eyes quite widely opened after I asked her that. Oh I messed this up very bad.

"As a friend I love you a lot platonically-"

"What about beyond being friends?"

"Hmm, Yes I do have feelings for you but you are somebody of a high status unlike me, a commoner. People would like you set with some woman of a high class rather than being set with a simple commoner like me you know."

"Y/n, falling in love is like falling into a deep ocean. You fall in it and making a way back to the surface is too hard."

"Your point?"

"I've fallen into that ocean for you. I could never look at any other woman the same way I did for you."

We both stopped walking all of a sudden. I was practically drunk along with Y/n as well. I have no clue what I just even spoke out.

"Ayato..." She called me out

"hm?"

"What makes you feel that of me?"

"Everything. Everything about you makes me feel that."

"I'll be honest to myself as well then. I do love you, but it was the social status that always restrained me from speaking my mind out."

"Then forget such thing exists. I could care less about whether your of equal in status as me or not. I just want to be somebody close to you."

"Maybe...Maybe I need some more time to think of this Ayato.."

"You may take all the time you need."

I said no further and we proceeded our walk towards the Estate. Thoma was waiting at the entrance of the Estate. As he saw me he quickly ran towards me.

"M'lord! Y/n! what happened!?"

"No worries Thoma, we're only a bit drunk."

"Oh, but Y/n looks terrible right now."

"Yes, she had taken quite a lot of alcohol. If you can Thoma, brew her some tea will you? some for me as well."

"Thoma! Loook~ I got you your Dango!" Y/n says

"Thank you Y/n, but let's quickly get you some brewed tea."

Thoma helped me take Y/n back to her room. As I entered her room and let her sit on her bed, I quickly noticed a familiar Kimono on the bed. I smiled at it.

"Ayato, thank you for today.." Y/n said

"Your welcome Y/n, now I'll be taking my leave." I said as I walked out of her room towards mine.

I got into my bathroom and washed my face.

"M'lord, your tea." Thoma said and left

"Thank you for brewing it Thoma."

I sat down on my chair and slowly began sipping the tea as I was lost in my own wonder of thoughts.

"2 more days to the party, I hope nothing goes wrong." I said to myself as I stared at a bunch of images Shuumatsuban had clicked of the Fontainers who were seen with Fatui.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: I realized we're at chapter 22 only today. As much as I hate to admit this I think this book will get completed in next 10-15 chapters. Simply because the main plots are already on the play.

If this book were to get over, what should I be writing next? Heizou?