Happy Birthday, Ayato. [Sub Story]

A/N : this part of the story is not related to the main story, just a head thought I had for his Birthday. Also this happens later after Ayato confesses his love for Y/n. [Chapter 22]

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

It was rather a normal day today, I was assigning out tasks to my juniors at the Shuumatsuban hide-out and had called it a day off earlier. Usually I work late night but today... there wasn't a single tedious task to do.

Calling it a day off, I went to Inazuma city where I bought some groceries because I had a mood to cook something. On the way I met Yoimiya who was at the time very happy and excited to test her new fireworks.

"Well, well look who's here!" Yoimiya said in a cheerful manner

"Hehe, hello Yoimiya! Been a while-" I was cut off with an excited Yoimiya.

"Here Y/n, try these fireworks! These are freshly made batch for the day!"

"Huh..??Thank you??"

"Heh! Anytime! Do tell me how it went later too!"

"You seem to be in good spirits what's up?"

"What do you mean 'what's up'? I'm sure you must be aware of what day today is!?"

"How so?"

"You do work at the Kamisato Estate right? or did you snitch on that job too?"

"I work at the Kamisato Estate-"

"It is Kamisato Ayato's birthday! and we've gotten an entire firework show tonight in honor of his birthday." Yoimiya said.

And that was the first time I heard about this the entire day.

I walked hurriedly towards the Kamisato Estate. Of course, I'm sure I'd be the only one left at the entire estate to not realize or gift him anything.

Talking about gifts... I really needed one for him. I stopped on my track and gave it a strong thinking whether I should make a run back towards the Inazuma city to go look for presents but again I wondered what could Kamisato Ayato not own?

That's when I was reminded of the groceries I bought from the city for cooking. They were ingredients to make Strawberry Sticky Buns. A recipe passed down from my mother to me and my brother.

Soft-fluffy bun, filled with fresh cut strawberries and cream all over it. I'm sure nobody would hate it considering..- Actually no he wouldn't hate it considering he drinks the Boba tea 24/7 which is way sweeter than the Strawberry buns.

I made my mind up instantly and began walking quicker towards the Kamisato Estate. Upon reaching, the estate was indeed lively. Almost all the workers were out, cleaning and placing tables here and there.

I noticed Thoma and walked up to him.

"Hey Thoma!"

"Oh! Hello Y/n welcome back! I see you've called it a day off early today? I'm sure M'lady and M'lord would be happy to have you attend the birthday celebration!" He said

"Hehe, well you see uh...I was very much busy with my work that I had not realized it was his birthday today until a couple minutes ago.."

"It's fine Y/n, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded that considering he knows how much tasks you take on during your shift."

"I hope so, Also Thoma may I borrow your kitchen for a couple hours?"

"Hm? Sure."

"Thank you!"

Thoma then leads me to his personal kitchen at the Estate. I must say the kitchen was so clean and organized that it made me stare at it with my jaws dropped.