41. Heart-Shattered once more.

My eyes slowly opened

My eyes slowly opened. I adjusted my vision to see a ceiling. I couldn't remember everything properly.

As my eyes corrected it's vision, I was able to see a woman.....Kokomi...?

"Kokomi...?"

She suddenly turned around and walked towards me.

"Y/n....." Was all I heard from her until that ringing noise was heard in my ears. My head began spinning once more and my eyes shut slowly.

.

.

.

.

It felt empty.

.

.

.

Is this heaven?

.

.

.

Am I dead yet..?

.

.

.

It's so blank here....

.

.

.

.

Where am I.

Suddenly the very same ringing noises was heard in my ears. It was louder and high pitched this time, making me cover both my ears in pain. I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth.

"Why...is death so painful." I muttered.

For a moment the pain reduced. I felt some light hitting my eyes. So I decided to open my eyes to check what had happened.

I slowly my eyes fluttered and opened it to be met with a highly furnished ceiling. My vision wasn't completely clear and was blurry here and there.

I saw two fluffy ears in the edge of my view. Somebody was certainly there in the room.

"Who...is there..." I asked weakly.

The person suddenly got up and came running next to me. I couldn't see their face clearly but it seemed like they had light brown colored hair.

"Y/N!! Your finally up! W-Wait a m-moment, I'll get her e-excellency here!"

The person quickly left the room and closed the door with a thud sound. I took a moment and thought why did that voice seem so familiar?

Whose voice was it...?

Wait.

Ah, yes General Gorou's voice....

It did make quite sense as the first things I saw were two fluffy, adorable ears...similar to Guuji Yae's but hers wasn't that fluffy..

Slowly I drifted into my own thoughts and my vision began to get a bit more clearer. I was able to see things more clearer now..

The door opened, Kokomi entered with Gorou following her in the back. She quickly ran towards my bed and grabbed my left arm to check my pulse.

Kokomi noticed that I was partially awake and my eyes were basically focused on her.

"You look pretty miss Sangonomiya...." I muttered.

"Hehe, thank you Y/n...Goodness I'm so relieved to see you awake..." She smiled widely to me.

I smiled back at her as much as I could've.

"Say....what happened to me..? How long was I knocked out for...?" I asked her slowly word by word.

"Hmm, how do I put this...you were in a semi coma for the eight-nine months..You often woke up for a second, but you couldn't hear us.... I am indeed thankful and grateful that you even put your life at stake to protect us all...but still...Mr. Kamisato-"

That's when I remembered about Ayato.

"Wait Miss.Sangonomiya...where is he?"

"Y/n...he..uhm..." Kokomi stuttered with her words.

She sighed and went to a nearby drawer. She pulled on of the drawers, and revealed a letter which I instantly recognized.

A plain envelope with the Kamisato Crest symbol sealed on it. There were some wordings too and it was Ayato's.

"General Gorou...can you lend me a hand in getting up-?" I asked.

The general instantly nodded his head and helped me get up. While sitting upright I had incessant coughs, which made Kokomi worried. Indeed it was quite irritating, but I had to read what Ayato had written for me.

"Y/n, I think you should get some rest firs-"

"No, Miss Sangonomiya...I wish to read that first..."

Her expression wasn't really giving me any good feeling. It seemed like something had really gone wrong...

She handed it over to me and I stared at the wordings outside.

"To, Y/n L/n
From, Kamisato Ayato."

I turned over the envelope and opened it gently. I took the white paper outside and set the envelope away. I took a deep breath in and opened the paper to read.

Dearest Y/n,
My apologies for leaving you behind at Watatsumi Island, but I think it's best if I relieved you off your duties in this letter. I have troubled you far much enough and I am indeed a coward to tell this face-to-face with you. Though it may seem sudden, I say it isn't your fault at the least.

Past a year, you've been serving the Shuumatsuban very loyally. You've also aided me a lot while you were at your job as an assassin. Overall you've done your work elegantly and diligently. You have a thanks for accepting even a role as my wife as a part of your job. Thank you Y/n, thank you for everything.

If you ask me the reasons for relieving you off your duties...it would be your presence as a threat to the Kamisato clan. The Fatui will be after you after what happened. I cannot risk my or Ayaka's life. Forgive me Y/n, in a way you are not welcome back to Narukami Island. Please stay in Watatsumi Island for the mean time. I have made Sangonomiya Kokomi understand the situation.

With Regards,

Kamisato Ayato, Head of the Kamisato Clan.

The paper. I didn't want to believe what it mentioned. I refused.

It isn't real...

No way Ayato would leave me just like that...right.....

Right?

My grip on the paper was tight. My eyes were about to shed tears, but it held back.

Of all people, why did I ever fall for him?

My heart....I don't think I can-

Suddenly I coughed and covered my mouth with my hands. There was a strong iron taste in my mouth. I took my hands over to see red blood all over it.

My eyes were once more giving up and this time I let it close. I hit my back towards the soft mattress of the bed trying to go back to a sleep.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/n : hello dear readers, how are you doing today? I hope you are now relieved to know that Y/n isn't dead :D

Thanks for 168k reads (nearly) and 7k votes!!