43. A past left behind.

"Y/n, you haven't fully recovered, hence why you had a sudden blood cough

"Y/n, you haven't fully recovered, hence why you had a sudden blood cough."

"Are you afraid of the blood..?" Kokomi asked.

"Blood...?" I asked her back

"Why would I......be afraid of it?"

Kokomi only stared at me with her hands crossed.

"I saw no other reason for you to pass out all of a sudden as soon as you coughed."

"I'm an Assassin......I was trained to kill...murder...and end other lives who are considered as threats.."

"...."

"Kokomi- I see blood in my hands every time but--...why would I be afraid of my own blood?"

"Was it the contents in your letter..?" Kokomi asked me.

"Maybe...But, I'm not going back to Narukami Island yet.."

"You are more than welcome to stay here at Watatsumi Island."

"I have no purpose here Kokomi..." I stared at the floor as I sat on my bed.

"Mr. Kamisato told me that you were-"

"Please do not mention his name to me...just for a while." I pleaded her.

"Alright, from what I heard; You are excellent in handling tasks easily...Maybe you could be my assistant? That is when you start feeling better."

For a moment I looked up to Kokomi and stared her eyes with glimmer. She was being genuine.

"What say Y/n?"

"I'll accept...."

Kokomi smiled back to me. I couldn't help but smile back at her. I was glad I at least had her around me.

Time skip: 2 years.

The person who I am today, wasn't the same person who I was yesterday. The girl who grew up in the shades of the great sacred Sakura tree now lives in the great island creation of a serpent.
An assassin of the past but now just a mere person who signs and sorts out documents.

I have let go of my past.

Just like how the Sakura tree roots heal with time, I healed.

Past two years in Watatsumi Island was perhaps the most best years of my life I've had in a long time. I had so many friends beside me just to give me company.

It was any other normal day as the assistant of the divine priestess of the Watatsumi Island. I was out on a stroll along with Gorou.

"Say Gorou, you've never eaten a cake or a Dango?" I asked as we walked around.

"Nope, I never ate them. Though I hope to eat them one day.." His tails wagged downwards.

"Oh don't worry, I'm gonna go try getting my hands on that recipe when the Traveler returns back to Watatsumi Island."