24. One Day to the Big day.

The next few days ever since my spar with Ayato had been quite busy

The next few days ever since my spar with Ayato had been quite busy. It appears that the big day was getting quite closer and I was well engaged with maidens who would teach me etiquette and how to speak like a noble would.

I honestly paid less heed to whatever they had to say after all it was just a mission not a life duty I would have to follow. They made me wear some sort of long heels and I swear to archons it was so hard to maintain my balance and on top of it they made me balance books on my head.

Were they trying to make me as tall as Ayato? I wondered

I knew my short temper would've come in place soon and I would've gone insane until Ayaka noticed the commotion and entered.

"Please, Enough with the commotion here. Y/n isn't good with high heels so please try not to pressure her too much with that."

"As you wish M'lady." They bowed and left the room.

"I hope that wasn't inconvenient for you Y/n."

"Don't tell me all the previous women who married into this family had to go through that."

"Hehe...well yes they did. I remember mother telling me how terrible it was for her at first but then she was a noble from another clan as well so she got used to it." Ayaka lent me her hand to get up as I was on the floor after tripping for the hundredth time.

"Goodness, that must've been quite the painful experience; how you all have to be perfect all the time." I said as I got up.

"Times change Y/n, it isn't really necessary that we follow such things. Though I personally try to make things perfect, there's always this feeling that I'm not allowed to do certain things.... but Elder brother supports me in various ways to step out of that feeling."

"That's great Ayaka, at least you've started attending public festivals along with the traveler!"

"Ah-hahah...I'm glad I did finish one of my mother's wishes." Ayaka asked

I smiled.

"Excuse me, M'lady and Y/n!" Thoma entered

"Thoma, what brings you here? I thought you were very busy." Ayaka said

"Yes as a matter of fact, I still am. There's a lot more cleaning to perfection to be done-..But anyways M'lord would like to see you both in his office." Thoma said

"Alright Thoma, thank you we'll be there." Ayaka said.

We both then walked towards his office and Ayaka had knocked twice on his door.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Ayaka and Y/n is also here."

"Come in."

Ayaka entered the room followed by me. We entered to see a very tired Ayato. His eyes were dull and his hair was messy. There were nearly 10-15 empty boba bottles around his desk with stacks of signed documents.

"Elder brother were you up all night-"

"First off I apologize for calling you both into this mess but I really ahem, require help."

"Help? Sure go on."

"Ayaka could please sign these rest 2 stacks of documents.?"

"On it, and you should really go get some rest Elder Brother." She said as she walked out of the room and called in a maid to bring those documents.

He smiled widely and waved her a bye gesture.

"Now for you Y/n... You do have a serious mission tomorrow...I don't think I should be exhausting you like this."

"Ayato. Take care of yourself first before you think of others.  I don't mind taking up missions."

"Thank you Y/n. Your mission is simple, Observation in Inazuma City and Hanamizaka.. but from previously what happened to you there quite worries me if I should assign this to you."

"Inazuma city and Hanamizaka? What for?"

"Fatui Spies." He said as he handed me over some files with images of men and women.

"All of them are Fatui Spies, who rendezvous with their other colleagues at Inazuma City specifically at the food stalls then goes to Hanamizaka where they bid farewell to one another." He got up from his chair and went towards the courtyard doors.

"Fatui Spies..? The very same likes of the one whom I chased down? or was it the violent side who would stalk you and kidnap you?" I asked.

"All of them work together. These Fatui spies tend to follow their prey around, play with them, fool them and then finally create conflict." He sighed.

"I must admit they do everything perfect until the very last minute. One of them would obviously be the entire reason their entire mission ends up being a flop. Similar to the Gendou case and their attempt in causing more wars." I said.

"Indeed. Well just in case, there will be 2 other subordinates who'll be accompanying you. Sayu will be one of them as she would be a perfect disguise of innocence. I don't want anything to happen to you like the last time."

"Thank you Ayato, I'll be alert."

"Alright if you require any more information, I'll send you a file later on." He said

"No thank you. Also mind if I say something? just as a friend?"

"As a friend?No you aren't allowed.. but as my wife, you are welcomed." He chuckled.

"Alright then as your so called 'wife' I suggest my husband cuts down on his Boba tea. You'll literally become diabetic."

Ayato was flustered after I referred to him as 'my husband'. I couldn't help but smile a bit after seeing his cheeks go red.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: I'm sorry if this chapter is terrible or meaningless, I've been demotivated the entire day. Thank you for 33k reads <3