46. A Letter.

"Irodori Festival? I see you've gotten the invite as well

"Irodori Festival? I see you've gotten the invite as well." Kazuha told me.

"Yes that's what it so tells here....I'm not sure if I'm interested in going for it." I said as I folded the paper back and placed it inside the envelope.

"W-What? Y/n I say you should go." Gorou told in between.

"I'm not much interested in it though. Yes reading novels used to be my most favorite thing to do at one point of life, But now you see..."

"It's once in a life-time opportunity, I too agree with Gorou." Kazuha said.

"Yeah! On top of that I'm sure you could pick up that old habit of yours again." Gorou cheered.

"Hmm...I don't know. Maybe I'll give it some thoughts..." I lied.

Honestly I did want to go back, But somewhere deep in me, I was afraid of meeting him again. Past two years, I tried desperately to forget about the past, yet it keeps pestering me.

"Do think hard about it Y/n." Kazuha said as he walked along with Gorou.

I was lost in my thoughts walking behind them until a certain shopkeeper from Narukami Island came to Watatsumi.

He often went back and forth the islands, thus giving me a chance to also know what could be happening back at Narukami Island.

This time he seemed to have a brighter grin and smile on his face. He was talking with some children.

"You guys..uhm please wait a moment. I need to go talk to the shopkeeper." I said and walked away from Kazuha and Gorou.

I walked towards the shopkeeper.

"Oh hey Y/n! How are you doing today?" He asked with a smile.

"Great as ever...Do you have anything interesting to know from Narukami Island." I asked

"Oh ho yes I do! In fact, I think you'll like this."

"Oh?"

"Ahem, so there was an escort from Ikoue Household for their middle daughter, Ikoue Izuna by the Kamisato clan, to the Kamisato Estate. Though the reasoning wasn't officially announced by both the parties, Many assume Mr.Kamisato is about to get married to Lady Ikoue Izuna."

Wait.

Married?

No....he-

Tsk, why would I care....

"I...I see...thank you..." I quickly walked back.

Is he really gonna marry her?

Y/n, get a hold of yourself. He never wanted you. He only wanted you for his personal gains.

What is this feeling? I don't know...

Why did I ever make such a mistake.

Kamisato Ayato, why must you do this to me.

Of all people, Why did I ever love you.

My heart. It ....pains. It feels almost as if there's something heavy crushing it.

But it hasn't been announced officially right.?

I noticed an additional paper within my envelope that fell down. I quickly opened it and began reading it.

Dear Y/n,
It is me, Ayaka. I have somehow managed to get this letter into your invite without brother noticing it. I want you back in Narukami Island. 'We' want you back. Brother plans on getting married.

Whatever brother is about to do, it's all madness. I know he loves you truly and you too had developed feelings for him. I cannot let that feelings go to waste. Ikoue Clan's daughter is a egoistic woman. I do not understand by what criteria did brother even agree to an arranged marriage with her.

Y/n, Thoma and I so badly wish you attend the Irodori Festival. If destiny lets us, I hope you can dissolve brother's plans. I'm sure he won't dare to do anything in your presence. Two years....past two years were gruesome for brother. He might never accept his feelings, but I've seen it.

Please Y/n, I know only you would take the time to listen to me. Even brother refuses to listen to my opinions on this.
Signed.
Kamisato Ayaka.

I closed the paper and kept it back inside as I walked back to Kazuha and Gorou. While walking back my head began spinning almost as if the world was going against gravity.

I suddenly tripped over. Kazuha came running in a fast pace and caught me.

"Y/N!" He shouted.

My eyes were silently closing as I felt a burning fluid come out of my nose. I slowly tried touching it and saw with my blurry vision.

"B-Blood."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: I think next chapter would get more interesting. Take a guess?

Anyways so 7k reads away from 200k!! aaa cannot wait !!! <3

Also if you all have any questions about me (not weird ones please) or the book do ask here as I plan on making a q&a :D