23. Friendly Fight.

I got up from my bed and groaned due to the hangover I was having

I got up from my bed and groaned due to the hangover I was having. It seemed like it was only some time around the midnight as the moon shone directly above.

The headache was bearable and I'm glad I didn't puke. I must say the tea Thoma had brewed indeed was doing it's job fine. I suddenly had the urge to get some fresh air from an open area rather than getting it from the courtyard.

I quickly wore on some robes over my nightdress and headed walking to the Chinju Forest. On the way I made sure no security saw me.

While walking through the Chinju Forest I saw a familiar face. It was Ayato. What could he be doing out at this time of the night? I wondered. Suddenly I noticed a sword made of pure hydro element in his hand a lot of water pellets all around him obeying his commands. Wait no that isn't water pellets, they are his bloom petals.

"Mind the Deluge" He spoke as these bloom petals began a chain of movement all around him.

It looked magnificent especially the blue aura it shone. I watched his blade works from behind a bush so it was simply a matter of time he'd notice me. I could technically make a good escape but I'm so taken away by his blade's art.

"Y/n, what are you doing behind the bush?"

Well shit, he caught me already.

"As a member of a Shuumatsuban, I'm not sure whether I should be making my escape right now or just directly give myself up."

"I doubt you wouldn't have done any of it." He grinned.

"You know me too well." I say as I summoned my polearm.

"So you are going to fight me? I'll be honest Y/n I have no interest in violence."

"I never expected that coming out of your mouth considering you and Ayaka wield strong blades."

"Ayaka does love her blade, Me on the other hand- I have no such interests other than-"

"Reading novels, drinking boba tea, ordering them from a food stall at Inazuma city then read reports which are amusing enough to make you feel interested." I replied

"Oh am I that easy to be read? You know me too well."

"These are just some basic things I've found out about you over the past 6 months. I really have no clue what sort of thoughts brew inside your head like Guuji Yae mentioned."

"Haha....I'll then test my blade against you but before that, are you sure your doing okay after all you drank a lot of sake today."

"I did have a slight headache but I'm doing fine now."

"Then good, we'll spar but this will be a friendly one."

"Alright."

I charged in front of Ayato with my polearm, to which he blocked immediately and sent me back.

"Cascade." He said as he summoned a hydro clone of his. I had a smirk on my face and he instantly took a notice of it realizing his mistake.