55. Stop it.

I opened my eyes to see the very same domain where I met the Balladeer

I opened my eyes to see the very same domain where I met the Balladeer. I looked around, scanning the area until I heard his voice once more.

"We meet again Y/n L/n."

"What do you want! Why am I here? COME OUT." I shouted.

"Hahaha, who do you think I am to obey you?" He said.

I tried summoning my polearm, but I couldn't.

"It's useless, don't even try." Scaramouche said.

I gritted my teeth trying to look around for him.

"Did you really think, I would've left you alive?" He asked.

"What makes you want to kill me!?"

"B/n L/n, your brother was a detective at the Tenryou Commission. He was fully aware of my doings in Inazuma. When I killed him and went to retrieve documents that he potentially would've mentioned about me, I found them burnt. That is when I realized, you existed."

"What happened is happened. You cannot change it, Balladeer."

"I then wanted to kill you. For years had I been investigating about you, but to my surprise you were an assassin. An assassin from the Shuumatsuban which is under a useless leader who is apparently the descendant of the Kamisato Legacy." Scaramouche said with a laugh.

"Shut up! He's not useless. Don't you dare underestima-"

"Didn't he underestimate you? He used you as his weapon against the Fatui and threw you away when he found out things he wanted."

It really hit me when I heard that.

"No...he-."

"Your just in denial. He considers you only as a puppet, who can be discarded any time."

"Stop. Just Stop." I said closing my ears.

"He doesn't see you as his friend. He's fooling you Y/n."

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU." I screamed.

"The love he showed you was just a fragile moment in eternity. It's not real! You've been fooled!"

"JUST SHUT UP."

Suddenly I felt a choking aura around me. My breathing was getting heavier as my legs started to give up. The floor was breaking apart.

I closed my ears just to avoid hearing all the whispers of Scaramouche.

He wasn't wrong.

I maybe after all just a worthless puppet to Ayato.

If he truly showed whatever love was, he wouldn't have left me for two years...

I don't wish to live anymore. Not with this much pain.

Suddenly I opened my eyes to another dark room. This room was once again familiar.  This was the same hideout, where I and Ayato met for the first time. I saw  him sit in the chair with his leg over another, chin rested on his knuckles and eyes closed.

"So you've arrived." He spoke.

I didn't want to reply.

He got up from the chair and came closer to me. He lifted my chin with his hand and smiled at me.

"My, my you really thought I would've loved you."

"Stop it Ayato...."

"Did you really think I, Kamisato Ayato would've fallen in love with a commoner such as you?"

Those words. It was too painful to hear. I couldn't face those lavender eyes of his.

"Ayato...I know that isn't you-...."

Ayato let go of my chin and walked around with one of his hand behind him.

"You were nothing but a mere puppet that I played my games with." He said with a grin.

My eyes suddenly widen upon hearing that. I woke up. I saw my ceiling.

I was sweating badly due to the nightmare I saw. Though it was a nightmare, it was too real.

I got up from my bed and went outdoors to grasp some fresh air. After hearing the pleasant chirping of birds and seeing the sakura blossoms fall, My mind was at ease. I sighed and went back inside.

While going back to my room, my head started spinning. I felt a warm liquid come out of my nose. I touched my nose and saw;

"Blood."

I quickly walked towards my room but my vision and legs were slowly giving up. No...of all ways I didn't want to die like this...

My blurry vision didn't help. I hit my head slightly at the door. It pained.

My legs gave in. I fell down on my knees... Having no choice left I quickly began crawling towards the table where I placed my pills, which Kokomi had given me.

I was on the verge of passing out.

My weak hands finally found to pills but it slipped off my hand and fell in some direction. I knew I wouldn't make it out alive. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Help.." I shouted weakly, with inadequate voice to it.

Finally my entire body gave it in, I collapsed onto the floor with my nose bleeding. My blurry eyes shut slowly.

Ayato's POV:

Walking through the streets of Inazuma city in the early mornings were really an experience. Alas, I couldn't enjoy it due to multiple thoughts inside my head.

I knew it was my mistake. I regretted every bit of myself for making her go through things.

I finally reached the front of her house. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

I knocked on the door, no reply. Suddenly I heard somebody stumble.

"Y/n? Are you in there?" I called out.

No response.

I was starting to get nervous, until I noticed, there was a drop of blood near the door. 

The door wasn't closed properly either.

I panicked and opened the door.....

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/n : Cliffhanger + double update because ily all <3 /p

Tysm for the 245k reads and 10.3k votes <3