☞︎ Chapter Six ☜︎

TW: swears, derealisation

I awoke to a black room. No walls, no floor, no ceiling. At least I couldn't see them, because I must stand on something.

What is this? Where am I? Don't panic! Fuck I am panicking. Freeze. Fight? There is nothing to fight against. Run? Run.

But what if I run into a wall?

I don't care. Run.

Hopefully my legs will carry me far enough. What is going on? There is no wall? How big is this room? Where am I? Do I exist? Hands? My hands... they- they are bloody. Is this my blood? Nothing hurts? Who's blood is this? My nose is running. More blood. My nose is bleeding. What is going on? What is happening.

Turn. Look around. Nothing. Everything is black. This is how she'll feel. It's there but it's nothing. It's guilt and grief.

Why guilt and grief? Remember. Memories. What was I doing?

I was in the park. Caroline? Caroline! Is she alright? Where is she? What is this? Am I dead? I fell asleep. Is this a dream? What is happening? What did already happen? What will happen?

It's not her fault. She may be here. She can hear you.

What?

She will feel guilty without you needing to tell her that.

Who is 'she'? Who is speaking? From where?

Scream. "Help!"

Just Echo of my own voice.

She will need to deal with the trauma, we can be happy Caroline doesn't need to.

What happened? What did I do? When? What happened to Caroline? Is she hurt? I don't want to loose my best friend. Please for the love of god let her be alive.

Someone whispered something inaudible. Shuffles. A light. The light. The light!