☞︎ Chapter Eighteen ☜︎

TW: slutshaming, yelling, arguing, implemented suicide, death, cancer, wishing someone to get raped

The two weeks went quick. Maybe because it had been so much fun to Lucy. They had a few Vlogs recorded, Lucy was going to make one too, but she left all the funny stuff to Tommy, she would get a Vlog from random stuff she recorded during the one week, they were constantly doing stuff other than sitting around watching childrens movies.

It had been a lot of fun. But sadly all good things had to come to an end.

Lucy and Fundy were standing at the trainstation, ready to go off to the airport.

Not really ready. Lucy wasn't ready to let go of the immediate memories of this two-week-trip.

She had to say good-bye anyway, though she was happy, she'd only need to say goodbye to Fundy later.

She hugged Niki, while Fundy and Wilbur just gave each other a cool fist bump.

"I'm gonna miss you", Niki said. "It will be very lonely and annoying at home without you guys.", Lucy smiled slightly at Wilbur and Niki.

Lucy's and Fundy's train was called. They'd be off to the airport.

One last wave towards Niki and Wilbur and they were on their way back home.

"I'll miss you more than Wilbur and Niki. I will really do.", Lucy said, looking at Fundy next to her.

He looked back, meeting her blue-green eyes.

"I'll miss you as well... It was really nice to meet you", Fundy smiled, snapping out of his trance.

The train started moving and scared Lucy, who instinctively grapped Fundy's hand.

He looked at the hands, hers in his. He smiled lightly and warmth creep up his cheeks as he realised.

He lightly brushed his thumb over hand, taking in the warm feeling that still hasn't left him.

Their hands didn't leave the other's until their station was called and they walked to the airport.

Sitting down at Fundy's gate, since his flight was earlier and not too far from Lucy's gate, they both sank into their own thoughts. Though their thoughts weren't about themselves, but eachother.

His flight was called for the first time, he stood up, still not ready to say goodbye. Neither was Lucy, but they wrapped each other in goodbye-hug. Fundy placed his chin on top of her head, laying his arms on her shoulders. Lucy buried her face into his chest, wrapping her arms tightly around his torso.

"I don't wanna let go of this, Fundy.", Lucy whispered into his chest. "It's Floris and I don't want to let go either.", he whispered into her ear.

And so they didn't let go. He now buried his fave in her hair and they just stayed like that, appreciating the moment. Floris' flight was called a second time, nobody moved or let go, a third time, still no movement. As they called his flight a fourth time with the last chance to board, Lucy let go of Floris. She wiped a tear that fell down her cheek.

Floris wiped the one on the other side. "Bye", he smiled slightly. Lucy just waved with her white-boy-smile. She wouldn't move from where she stood, until Floris was out of her sight.

He turned around one last time, to wave back with a smile, before vanishing in the tunnel to his plane.

So Lucy made her way to her gate, only five minutes from Floris' gate. She boarded the plane, took her seat, put her headphones in and shuffled her favourite playlist. 'I don't know why, but me happy', was a weird name to some people, but to her it described what she felt. Happy.

Not even a little kid screaming their lungs out, was abled to wipe the smile of the two-week trip off her face.

Not even the train being late nearly a whole hour mattered to her.

Nothing could wipe the smile off her. So you would think. She only needed to see her neighbour and her husband in front of the front door to immediately concern her.

"You need to get to the hospital, right now. It's important. My husband will carry your suitcase in and I'll drive you there.", Lucy's neighbour explained frantically.

She didn't know what was happening and never did twenty minutes take longer. Her neighbour would dodge any question Lucy would ask.

It took a small word exchange between the neighbour and a nurse, before the nurse led Lucy down a corridor, a few stories up, down another corridor half way. Her mother was crying in front of the door.

"LUCINDA BRANDON. Where were you?!", her mother called, obviously very angry. "Sorry, Mom I was on my way home, nobody called me", Lucy looked onto her phone, reading any incoming messages.

Furboi 6:37 pm
Hi, I just arrived back home, text me when u made it home savely! :]

Mum 4:29 pm
Come to the hospital right now, it's urgent.

Lucy did her best not to smile at Floris' message. She put her phone away, knowing her mother would get furious. "I didn't see your text either, I am sorry. What happened?", Lucy asked concerned, but as calm as she could, to not feed her mother's anger.

"Your dad, probably even your favourite parent. Has cancer. Stage four. And you were too busy on a holiday trip, while he came one step closer to dying. You probably were with a bunch of guys! And you probably slept with all of them!! HOW MANY WERE THERE? FIVE, TEN, MORE?! YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOURSELF OR THE PEOPLE WHO RAISED YOU. YOU FUCKING SLUT WERE OUT HAVING SEX WITH PEOPLE FROM THE INTERNET. HOPEFULLY THEY RAPED YOU AND I HOPE YOU GOT PREGNANT AND IF YOU DID STAY AWAY FROM MY HOUSE YOU WHORE. I HOPE YOU'LL LEARN, BECAUSE I, YOUR DEAREST MOTHER WHO YOU PROBABLY HATE NOW, HAVE TOLD YOU YOU SHOULDN'T GO."

The last sentences were already a little bit hard to hear, because her mother was being dragged out by guards. One nurse came to Lucy. "I'm so sorry my darling, you should go in there, your dad asked for you all the time."

Lucy wiped a tear that fell. She felt like her mother had punched her in the gut. She wanted to throw up or cry till the sun rises again.

"Thank you ma'am, I apologize for my mother. I really am sorry about her.", Lucy spoke with a forced smile, turning around slowly entering her father's hospital room.

Any thoughts about the last time she was in the hospital were pushed away. She had to focus on her Dad now.

"Hi, dad.", she smiled, loosing another tear. Lucy didn't even ask, if he had heard her mother. She knew he did and she knew, as always, he wouldn't loose a word about it.

"Hello, Luce. I'm sorry.", he whispered the last sentence. "It's okay dad, you've been here for nineteen years of my life and you did the best you could for your children."

"I wish I could have done more for Enzo, Marv and you."

"You did all you could. Enzo's death is not your fault. Marvin leaving is not your fault and I am still here and I won't leave.", she smiled at him.

"I just wish I could see all of you three again one last time, together, smiling at me, the way you three would be now. But I know it's not possible, at least I will get to see Enzo soon, maybe also Marvin, I'll see."

Both of them were crying their souls out at this point.

"I will do my best to be here for you. I'll do my best to support you in every way. I'll do my best to give you a good last time. The same way you always did you best for Enzo, Marvin and me."