3:Coffee

"Coffee?" I asked as we pulled up into the Starbucks parking lot. "At 5?"

"What's wrong with coffee at 5?" Gemma smiled, parking the car. She turned off the engine, getting out. I just followed her footsteps, walking into the store. "Two." The man smiled, knowing what she wanted already. Probably been here before?

"How have you been?" I asked taking the drink from her. Her smile, fading to a frown.

"Are you okay Carter?" she asked bluntly. "I mean.. you seem to be growing very distanct from us."

I hesitated, biting my lip. "I'm fine."

"Carter," she sighed. "You haven't been.. You."

"Everyone thinks I'm sick or something. I assure you, I AM FINE!" I said making sure I made eye contact with her. She just dropped her head, letting out a fake laugh. The ones you only see in the movies.

"Yea you're right," she smiled. "I'm sorry." She looked completely hurt. I don't know why everyone around me is constantly getting upset with me.

"Gemma, I don't mean it like that." I sighed, staring at my hands. "I just really miss my cousin." She nodded, taking my hand in hers.

"I know sweetie," she smiled. "And you know that we will always be here for you right?"

I faked a smile, nodding. "I know."

~~~

"I'm home!" I yelled walking through the door. It was silent. No one was home. Awesome. "I hate this."

I walked upstair, throwing my bag to the floor. I saw that someone had left me a note.

Carter, 

I'm at my place. Call if you want to come over. We are having a movie night! XXXXX HARRRYYYY

Weird of him to leave a note. He usually texts.

I was about to call when my phone began to ring. My heart raced. My palms were sweaty.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Why didn't you call?" Daniels voice rang through. I relaxed a little, knowing it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Sorry. They put me in school," I replied. "Why did you want to talk?"

"Can you meet me somewhere?" he asked.

"Where at?"

"The art studio."

~~~

I opened to see the painted walls that looked like they did before. Our names signed. Daniel, Louis, Zayn, an me. Carter. All there. Nothing's changed. "Carter."

"Daniel!" I said, jumping a bit. "You scared me."

"Sorry," he laughed. "It's nice to see you. Your hair looks good."

"Thanks I guess," I replied. "What did you need to talk about?" His smiled faded to a frown.

"Umm about that man," he said. "He escaped."

"What?" I asked, stomach dropping. "What does that mean?"

"What does it mean?" He asked. "It means you can't go home. He's looking for you. You and Hailee."

"Where is she?" I muttered. "Can I see her?"

"She's safe that's all I know," he replied. "She's stepped down from her position. Went into hiding. Who knows. She could be working at a Burger King."

"What do I do?" I asked. I felt my knees begin to wobble as my palms began sweating.

"What you should do is stay in school. Live the life of a normal teen. Find a new foster family. But what you're going to do, sign up for MMA. Stay at Harry's. Tell him what's going on," he replied sternly.