26: 6 months

"The case of Carter Rock,"by he judge said, pounding his mallet against the hard piece of wood. "Chris, I assume that she will be adopted by Styles family. Am I right?"

"That is correct your honor," she replied.

"And any name changes?"

"Just the last name your honor."

"And Carter," the judge said, turning his attention towards me. "How do you feel about this?"

"Umm excited," I replied with a smile. "Just glad everything's over."

"I'm happy to see your smiling face again," he replied. "No more drama. No more worries. Just a proper family." He went through his papers. "How is it there?"

"It's amazing," I replied. "Everyone is supportive and I've come to enjoy everyone."

"That's good," he said with a smile. "Well the papers are signed. Doctor appointments up to date. Arranged living?"

"Your honor," Harry said standing up. "I've had my house checked by state and approved for her to stay with me." He smiled down at me, throwing a wink.

"Excellent," he said pounding his thing one more time. "Carter Rock. You're officially Carter Styles." He had a huge smile on his face. "Case.... Dismissed." We all let out cheers of joy going around hugging everyone.

We walked out the court house to paparazzi. Blinding lights and mobs of fans. "Just ignore them," Harry said, taking my waist. "Let's get home." One in his car, it was somewhat quieter.

"Nice to have the fans back?" I asked as he started to the car. Anne followed behind us as we were going to Harry's to celebrate.

"It actually is," he replied. "I missed them." We arrived at Harry's apartment having everyone pile into his house. Anne and other family members had brought food for a celebration.

"So how does it feel Carter?" Robin asked. I was sitting on the big couch talking to my cousin Ben. We stopped talking for a minute to pay attention to what was being asked. I looked up to all eyes on me.

"It feels... Different," I replied honestly. "But.. I'm happy. Just happy I finally have a family."

"AWEE CARTER!" Louis gushed, attacking me in a hug. Soon all the boys were hugging me.

"Guys. These group...still hurt," I said as they all crushed me. Once they let go I looked up to see their smiling faces. "Okay. Fine. Group hug!"

~~~

"Carter?" Harry knocked on my door. "The new Mrs.Styles."

"Don't say that," I said, placing things on my shelf. "It sounds like we're married."

"Sorry," he chuckled. He took a seat on my bed, watching me place my princess figured on my shelf. "It's sweet how Louis got those." I laughed, putting up the last princess. Snow White. "Anyways. I came in here to give you this."

"What?" I asked turning around. He had a box held in his hand. "What is this?"

"It's from Niall," he replied. "Be back by midnight." He closed my door, leaving me to the mysterious box. I opened it up seeing a dress and a pair of shoes under a note. I opened it up reading:

Wear this tonight. Be there at 7

Love: Niall.

I looked over at my clock seeing it was 6:30. "HARRY! I NEED HELP!" I burst through the door seeing what was wrong. "I can't get the dress zipped!" He laughed, pulling the zipper up for me. "And I need to do my make up! And curl my hair! Harry!!! I'm going to be late!"