14: Hide

"Derek."

"You've grown up."

"Since the last time? Which was when? Like six months ago when you last kidnapped me?" He smirked, chuckling a bit. He didn't care at all. He was a cold hearted man.

"Don't put it that way. Just think of it as a family reunion."

"Okay what family reunion consists of my moms psycho ex-boyfriend and being FORCED to attend? More like kidnapped." He let out another deep chuckle before twisting out of his chair. He walked around, admiring the surroundings of his room. He sighed, getting down knee level.

"You really think your brothers would tell you the truth?" She tilted his head a bit. "You think they want to help you? Did you ever think this was for them? To get Margot back? Finally stop worrying about their lost sister? What about Harry and his friends? Finally don't have to worry about the girl who was forced into their lives? The one who is ruining their career. The one with so many problems. You really think they want to help?" I stayed silent which made him grow more fond of the fact it was upsetting me. "You're nothing Carter. No one would care if you left. I'm right aren't I? It says so right here in your journal. No one would care you'd left." He stood back up, making his way to his desk again.

"What do you want?" I asked softly. He tapped away at his desk, just staring at me.

"I certainly don't want anything from you," he replied. "You and your siblings may know something but I dot want you. I have no use."

"Then why keep me? Why are you causing people pain if this is for nothing?"

"I didn't say that Carter," he said with a deep tone. "It's for something."

"What is it then?" I asked as a tear slipped from my already watered eyes. "Why am I here?"

"I want your mother Carter," he replied. "That's all I ever wanted. Was to love her again."

"What does this have to do with me? Like you said, no one cares. What makes you think she cares? She's the one who gave up." He laughed. Loudly. What is this guys problem?

"I want to play a game," he said with a smirk. "Do you like games?"

"What are we in? Saw?"

"Could be." I gulped. "The game is hide-n-seek. You know how to play right?" I nodded. "Good." He stood up pulling a gun out of his pocket. Not pointing anywhere in particular. He pretended to aim. "The rules are, you go hide. I'll try to find you. If I found you within an hour, I get to... Well that's a surprise. But if you can stay hidden for more than an hour, I'll let you go." He never made eye contact with me. Was this guy serious? "Do we have a deal?"

"Deal," I said as I waited for one of his men to untie me. "How long do I have to hide?"

"1.. 2.. 3.." That was my cue to run. I had no idea where to hide. This place was massive and didn't have many places to hide in. The only thing I could do was run. But where? Then something came into my vision. A vent that looked untouched. I ran towards if, lifting it a little. I crawled in, lifting my knees to my chest. It was silent for a good 10 minutes. I heard someone pushing something. Oh no. He found me.

But I was wrong. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Saving you," the man replied. He didn't say anything after that. Something was moved in front of the vent so no one could enter or I couldn't leave either. It was dark and I couldn't see a thing. Sooner than later the sound of footsteps entered the room where I had hidden.

"You're good Carter," I heard Derek yell. "You can't hide forever."

'Yes I can' I said to myself. But I knew I couldn't. I had to face everything at a point in time. Facing fears. Facing the good and the bad. School. Bullying. Crying. Hurting. Loving. All things must be faced.