17: Meetings

Awkward. That's what it was. Really awkward. Why? We just sat there. Not saying a word. No one said anything. It was silent. I mean I could hear Harry's snoring it was so quiet. He was on the third floor of the cabin. We are on the first. 

Billi spoke first. "So I guess you should start explaining yourself." Silence again. "If we aren't going to talk, I'm going upstairs."

"Billi," Tanner said taking her hand. "Stay." She sighed, sitting back down. "Why are you here?"

"Nice to see you guys too," Riley said clapping his hands together. 

"Get on with it," Billi pressured. 

"We wanted to know our kids were safe," Hailee spoke. 

"Why now?" I asked. "Why of all times? Why did you come tonight? Today? Why not when I was getting beat by some random stranger? Or when I was kidnapped?" I tried my best not to raise my voice. How could I not?

"Carter we know you are upset," Hailee spoke softly. "There is a time for everything and this was our time to come." 

"So what is it?" Billi asked. "Here to say you guys are sorry and then get up and leave again? Or here to take away Carter like everyone else has done?" Billi was literally on the verge of tears. "Come here to tear our family apart even more?"

"Billi," Riley spoke softly. "We are here for a reason. Now please, sit down." Billi responded with the clenching of her fists. Keith took the lead, holding her back down. "Look we know you guys are upset. We know you aren't happy with the choices we made. But it was for you saftey."

"Saftey?" Tanner growled. "Carter was beaten and abused. She never knew she had brothers or even a sister. For crying out loud she has never had a family!" There's Tanners snap. Two down. Two to go. 

"That was out of our control," Riley replied. 

"Derek was the one who sent you away. Not us," Hailee replied. 

"But the letters..."

"Those were not ours Carter," Hailee said whist grabbing Riley's hand. "He set it up. He was the one who wanted you to believe we didn't care." 

"But the phone calls," Keith added. 

"Derek."

"The messages too?" Billi asked. They nodded. 

"We came to reunite our family guys," Riley said, getting which seemed like a tear in his eye. 

"Wait..." I said stopping them. "Are you sure that's the best idea?" 

"Why not?" Keith asked. 

"For one, Derek wants all of us dead. If we are together it's an easier target."

"Actually he just want Riley dead," Hailee informed. 

"That's not ture!" Keith exploded. "He has tortured no one but Carter! If he just wanted Riley gone why did he have to take Carter?" 

"Keith calm down," Hailee said softly. "We don't know why he wants Carter. That's why we are here." 

"So you want to put Carter's life in danger?" Billi said raising her voice. "You want to have your own daughter killed?" They both stood there shocked. That was until we heard banging come from down the stairs. Louis came down, face planting to the ground. Zayn was behind him. 

"I'm so sorry," Zayn said picking Louis up. Louis had a bloody nose, trying hard not to cry. 

"No it's fine," I growled. "This meeting is over." I walked passed Louis and Zayn, storming upstairs.