Chapter 21

Ciane

"You're good at this now." Christian complimented as I left the training field, him in tow.

Being friends with him had proved to be really beneficial because I could actually bring it up everytime we sparred or any time I felt like getting something from him, which wasn't much but was worth it. I could tell it was starting to irritate him very much.

"Why thankyou, friend." I give him a toothy smile.

"Why did I agree to this friendship thing." He grumbles rubbing his forehead.

"Hey, no need to be so mad about it." I roll my eyes, glaring at him.

"So, what should we do?" I smile.

"What do you want to do?"

"Maybe we should watch a movie."

"No." He grits, his eyes growing cold.

"Why not?" I glare, folding my arms across my chest.

"I'm not going to sit with you and watch some romantic movies." He growls.

"Jeez, bold of you to assume we were going to watch romance." I roll my eyes once again. "We are going to watch horror, now come on."

"Which one?" He mumbles, trailing behind me, his voice barely even audible.

"Texas Chainsaw massacre." I murmur. I had watched it a while back and it was just very creepy to be honest.

"That's not scary."

I gape at him.

"Of course you'd say that. Your life itself is a real life horror." I point out and receive a heated glare from the man.

He grunts as we walk into the house.

Many minutes later I was glaring at the tv trying to make all the gory details disappear. I hate horror movies, I realize too late.

A squeal escapes my lips when the raving chainsaw roars in the room.

"Stop screaming." Christian grunts shooting me a disappointed look.

"Why aren't you scared or even reacting to this?" I glare.

"Because it's not scary." His voice neutral and bare of any emotion, "Now shut up."

"Jeez," I mumble, sighing and shutting my eyes off for a second and regretting it instantly when I open them and cringe when I see someone's head detach from their body.

Two hours later, I'm already shivering, glaring at Christian who has a smug and an amused expression on his face.

"I though you loved horror movies." His lips tilt up barely as he stares at me, his jagged scar making him more appealing  for some reason.

"I did not say I love horror movies." I grumble, evading my eyes from his.

"Okay whatever." He murmurs walking away from me.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask my eyes following his form.

"Away from you."

"But we're friends now. You're not supposed to just ignore your friends when they want to spend time with you." I explain and he halts. I hear him let out a curse and a sigh escapes his lips.

"What now? Wasn't the movie enough for you, friend?" He grits.

Confidently, I answer him without any hesitation, "No, I still want to know you,"

"What do you want now?" He looked rather irritated as he walked back towards me.

"Let's play 20 questions." I expected him to stare at me blankly and ask what that means instead he sighs and walks over back to the couch.