Chapter 32

"In behalf of our father, I'm sorry if this secret has been unfold late and you've been experienced hardship in your life." He sighed.

I looked at the sky and smiled when I saw a star that is shining so bright. Siya lang ang pinakamalakas ang ilaw, iniisip kong si Ke iyon habang nakatanaw sa akin. Nangilid ang mga luha ko at napangiti ng mapait.

"We don't have a clue either because we were just kids back then and our father was a bit distant to us, Kuya and I. Masyado siyang malayo na ni minsan hindi niya nabanggit na may mahal siyang babae at hindi ang mommy ko 'yon, that was your mother."

Napalingon ako sa kanya. He loves my mother? Hindi niya mahal ang ina nila Hiro? Paanong...

"The letter he left consists of everything he kept until his last breath..." He sighed and rested his hands on the railings. "Your grandfather also left a letter as if he knew something bad will happen to him. It says in the letter that he wanted our father to tell you and your twin that he wants you two to manage the properties he have, it also says that whatever happens our father should tell the truth. If you read the letter, you must know what I am saying..." Ngumiti siya sa akin.

Tumango ako. I read it all and he's right. It was indeed written on that letter, last will. Marami pang nakasulat, but the highlights is giving the company/properties to me and to my twin.

"We talked about that letter before my mother decided to tell that to you. We're very sorry, ayaw kasing ipagalaw ni mommy ang mga gamit ni daddy noon. Nang makauwi kami galing England, my mother decided to clean the room by her own. She saw the letter our father has been hiding for so long. Our father died 12 years ago..."

"H-he died because?"

"Someone put a bomb under his car, he died because of that."

Napaawang ang labi ko. Nangilid ang luha ko. What?

"Nahuli ba ang gumawa?"

"Yes." He said it with gritted teeth. "Our father's rival."

"W-what's their surname?"

Lumingon siya sa akin. "Tiangco."

"Tiangco?"

"Yes, that bastard who killed our father is still breathing."

"Nakakulong pa rin?" Hindi ko mapigilang manggigil. Para akong sinisilaban.

He nodded. "Unfair, isn't it? While he is still breathing, our father was in his last path."

Napasinghap ako.

Matapos naming mag-usap ni Brixx ay nagpaalam na muna siyang iinom lang, ako rin. Sa dami kong nalaman ay parang nauhaw ako, but I don't like water or juice. I want an alcohol, I wanted to burn my thoughts. I wanted to feel something new or to be numb, just for this night.

Wala ba kaming quiz tomorrow? Nevermind. Isa lang...ngayon lang 'to.

I went to the counter, may lumapit sa akin na lalaki but I refused to introduce myself. I am not in the mood to have a conversation baka mas lalong sumakit ang ulo ko, ang dami ko nang nalalaman at ayoko nang madagdagan pa. I'm fed up of revelations...talks and secrets.

"One glass of tequilla."

"Tequilla po?"

Ngumiti ako. "Yes please."

"Ilang taon na ho kayo? We don't give hard drinks for minor Miss."

Nawala ang ngiti sa labi ko. "Do I look like a minor? I'm 18 years old." Mababa kong sabi.

"O-oh sorry po, but we don't give drinks po if you can't prove that you are 18 years old--"

"Is it how you judge a person by her age? I am a college student and I am 18! How can I prove to you then? I didn't bring my student ID nor my birth certificate."