Midorima Shintaro

Title: shooting your shot

You took a step back as you took another shot, each time you got the ball in the basket you'd take a step back.
'y/n. You need to leave soon' your coach tells you 'if you want to practice more, the gym the boys basketball team is open.' you thank her and collect all the balls and your stuff before heading towards the second gym.
'Shin-chan? You don't mind if I practice with you right?' you ask as you walk in, Midorima turned to look at you and nodded then went back to his shooting.
You set your things down and jogged to the hoop opposite and began shooting once again.

You began getting more confident as each ball fell through the hoop without fail, you started to take bigger steps back... Until your back hit something, you turned quickly to see Midorima looking back at you, just as startled.
"Sorry!' you shout while bowing your head slightly.
'I-It's fine.' he muttered and turned back round.
You took a deep breath and started shooting again.
"You guys need to get going, I'm closing the gym in 5 minutes and if your still there your getting locked in."
"Yes coach" you shout.
You and Midorima began gathering the balls, making light conversation.
"I'll walk you home. It's late" Midorima stated
"Are you sure? We have a test tomorrow, wouldn't you want to-"
"I'm walking you home. T-there's been creeps in the area"
You turned to look at him and noticed the light blush on his cheeks, your lips pulled into a sly smile.
"Aw your worried about me?" You tease and he turns away quickly
"N-no, it'd just be a headache if something happened to you" he stammered, making you laugh.
"I'll take your word for it, can we stop at the convenient store?"
"Sure"

You walked in a comfortable silence, sharing the snack you'd bought, you kept glancing at Midorima. He'd been acting...odd. He's usually quiet but today he seems almost on edge.
"Shin-chan? Are you okay?" He turns to you and nods, offering no explanation.
You were silent until you reached your house.
"Bye! See you tomorrow!"
You turn back round and trip on the step.

Perfect.

But you didn't hit the floor.
You look up to find Midorima staring intently at you.
'no way. This stuff only happens in wattpad' you thought as he helps you regain your balance.

"This is so embarrassing" you mutter and he sighs.

"Your lucky I love you, or I wouldn't put up with your-"
"You love me?" You interupted, both startled and flattered.
"No, that's not...I mean...I mean"
"Love you too! See you tomorrow!" You shout and jump up to kiss his cheek.
You run into your house, full of adrenaline.
Your phone buzzes and you see a message.

Midorima: do you want to practice again tomorrow X

You smile at the X knowing that he was probably blushing as he wrote this.

You: of course xx

You fall into your bed and sigh, your crush of 2 years liked you back.

I'M SO SORRY IT'S SO BAD
Also sorry for not being active, exams are right around the corner so I haven't been able to update anything.
I'm also running out of ideassss

Anyways I hope you enjoyed!!
<3