Mitobe Rinnoske

Title: listen to me

Prepare to get hurt xx (I borrowed this idea from tiktok)

Btw he has selective mutism in this.

You say in the living room waiting for your mute boyfriend to come home. You had watched his game today and felt so happy for him as he'd won, unfortunately when watching them celebrate you had watched a girl from the crowd run up and kiss him on camera. You turned off the TV without hesitation not even bothering to watch the rest of the broadcast.
You sat in silence for what felt like an eternity before your hands began to shake and your eyes began to blur.

You gasped for air as you tried to steady yourself
"I'm being stupid... He...he wouldn't do that to me...would he?" You refused to let any more tears fall, you refused to look at your phone.
You simply sat at in your dorm room in a daze.
Soon after, you heard the door open and close, and then a soft knocking on your door.
You payed no heed and turned to your open laptop.
The door opened.
You could feel him moving behind you, his fingers grazed the side of your cheek before pulling your face towards his, his eyes were swollen.
Anger took hold off you, he had the audacity to cry after publically cheating on you?
He shook his head as if he knew what you were thinking.

"How could you..."

He shook his head again, more panicked this time, before pulling out his phone and typing furiously. You hadn't gotten ahold of sign language yet so he typed his sentences on his phone to talk to you when he was too anxious to speak. You turn away and scoff, nothing he said could justify his actions.

It wasn't me.

You looked at him in disbelief
"Are you serious? I saw her kiss you. On live TV and you're going to tell me that it wasn't you?"

You misunderstood

"Oh! So I've misunderstood have I?" The anger you felt had risen to the surface.

Yes. Listen to me please-

You turned away, refusing to read the rest and began walking out the room, Mitobe followed you trying to grab your attention and failing.
He grabbed your arm as you opened the front door, you met his panicked eyes then yanked yourself away from him.

Please don't turn away.
I can't call your name so please don't leave

You didn't look at the writing.

You left in the rain, stumbling, you could hear someone running towards you.
You could hear something crack.
For a second, the world felt very quiet, the oak tree that was at least a hundred years old was falling. It was falling towards you. You had barely registered the fact that someone had pushed you away, your eyes focused on the screen of Mitobe's phone.
With shaky hands you picked it up, looking up to see...
You weren't exactly sure what you were looking at, there was something dark mixed with the water and some warm liquid on your shirt, you called 999. The ambulance came and you sat in the back of it, the world still silent.
Soon enough however, noise began leaking back in and you were faced with reality.

"He has several broken ribs and internal bleeding, his spine also took some damage. The possibility of him being able to play basketball again would be less that 50%."

You stated at the doctor blankly before thanking him and sitting back down next to Mitobe's bed, you came out of shock near the end of his surgery, you vaguely remember screaming or crying or maybe both.
You stare down at him and remember how he looked under the tree.

"Y...y/n...I...I love you"

You shook the memery out of your head. What a stupid thing to say. You weren't dumb enough to believe that.
Serin had come and gone, the current visitor would be that girl.

"Oh Mitobe! If I was there I would have saved you, please don't die, please come back to me, please"

You watch in disbelief, the girls words making you want to laugh and scream.
You found it hard to believe that this was the girl Mitobe had cheated on you with.
You sat by his side for hours a day, wondering if this was your fault, if he deserved it...
That girl also came by regularly as well. She would spout the same nonsense every day.
Until one day....
" *Girl's name*, you are under arrest for sexual assault and harrasment. You have the right to remain silent...so on and so forth"

"W-what? What do you mean? I've done nothing wrong"
She screamed as the police detained her "My beloved Mitobe won't have this! When he wakes up he'll-"
"He was the one to make the report. It was on live TV." A policeman interupted,he turned to you.
"We shall be back for questioning when he wakes up. Have a good day"

You sat in silence, you felt as if ice cold water had been thrown onto you.
You scrambled for your phone, watching the rest of the broadcast. Mitobe pushing her off him, the disgust on his face, the security dragging the girl away, him looking panicked while his call wants getting through. If you had just heard him out, if you had just listened. If you had just watched the entire broadcast...he wouldn't be here lying in the hospital bed.
Tears spill from your eyes once again.

What have you done.

I can't lie I gave up at the end I'm tempted to make it a happy ending but I'll leave it on a cliff hanger for now.
How do all those other authors have such long and encouraging end notes when I can barely think if what to say?💀💀

I hope it was okay though!! I love doing this as if someone's actually going to read it :')

Tally ho<3