Midorima Shintaro

Title: shy

Sorry for not updating, to be honest I didn't really think anyone was reading this so I kinda just stopped... I also had exams and was in a car accident but here we are!!

It was a normal day at Shutoku high... Y/n is often forgot by her classmates and prefers to sit by herself...

But recently she has joined the clean up group for Gym B, not because she wanted to but because it was the only 'club' left after she'd procrastinated joining one for so long.

She here she is, a massive mop in her hands as she entered the building. Much to her surprise, there was someone still there... Shooting hoops... She stood and watched for a while until-

"Are you just going to stand there or what? You're messing up my energy" Midorima said without turning around...

"I... What?" She squeaked what the hell does that even mean? She though "I'm... Supposed to clean up here..." She said, not exactly wanting any confrontation.

"Well then wait until I'm done. This is more important that whatever you have to do" he said... And y/n, not wanting any confrontation, complied.

She sat quietly, watching him. On closer inspection, he was kind of cool, he was scoring every shot from the half way line. Y/n knew a little bit about basketball as her father was obsessed with it, sheknew what he was doing was very impressive.

Eventually he finishes up and began to pack up, y/n began to mop the floors as he picked up the balls he had shot...

This entire interaction happened without a word, until Midorima grabbed his bag.

"What's your name?" He asked

"Y/n..." She whispers

"Nice to meet you... And thank you, for waiting for me" he said then left...

How... nice? She quickly finished up and locked the gym...

Thos slowly became a regular occurrence, and slowly they began to talk a little more

"Hey Midorima" y/n yawned as she walked into the gym

"You're late, you usually arrive half an hour early" he said, without looking at her

"Well... I... Had stuff to do" she mumbled...

In truth, some of her 'friends' had asked her to do their homework, usually she wouldn't do this kind of stuff but... They're friends... Right?

Their daily encounter started as usual.
"How come I don't see you in lessons?" Y/n asked
"Basketball..." Came the sullen reply
"What's today's lucky item?" She asked

He pulled out a comically large inflatable hammer...
She burst out laughing, "are you *sure* they're not just screwing you over?" She asked, still laughing...

"My lucky item never fails me" Midorima said simply...

Midorima had begun to stay behind and wait for y/n to finish, and they went home together

"You know, this would go a lot faster if you helped" she said teasingly, y/n had also gotten a bit bolder with her words lately

"I can't risk hurting my fingers" Midorima shrugs.

Y/n rolled her eyes as kept sweeping, she was deep in thought as she swept...

Midorima was... Nice right? A little cold but...nice... Right?

Maybe...

Maybe...

No. Of course not. Never...

"You done yet?" Midorima called, breaking her trance

"Hmm? Oh! Yes!" She put the cleaning supplies away and grabbed her bag and ran after him, she glanced at him shyly... She never had the guts to initiate the conversation on the way home...

"Y/n, do you have any friends?" He asked out of the blue

"Of course I do, I'm not a loner like you" she scoffed... But deep down she was questioning it herself, the homewoek in her bag suddenly feeling heavey.

"I am not a loner. I just like the quiet..." He said... That's one of the reason he liked y/n. She was soft spoken, cute. But he'd rather die than admit that...

"Well, see you tomorrow!" She said softly... Before she could walk into her house, Midorima grabbed her by the wrist and tugged her towards him, and kissed her cheek softly.

"See you tomorrow"

*What. Just. Happened?*

There will be a part two I promise...
Icl I've definitely run out of ideas so if you have any PLEASE let me know

Please be nice this is my first fanfic in a while💀