thirty-three<3

not long left of this fanfic to go guys
enjoy it while it lasts
(from my a/n i gathered that yall do want another ranboo fic which is cool! i'm excited to get started, already have the story set out and ready to write!)

athena pov

i woke to the sound of shuffling and whispering, and the familiar giggle that belonged to karl jacobs.

i inhaled deeply and kept my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep.

i have a hunch on why they're here.

"shut! shut up!" i heard tubbo whisper. "quick take a picture"

i heard a few faint voices murmuring. honestly i feel like it's a little bit weird that there's multiple people in this room watching ranboo and i sleep.
a lot weird, actually.

my head was still resting on ranboos chest, and from his breathing pattern i'm assuming he is still asleep.

well.

he was asleep.

he took in a fast breath. "uh-"

i felt him, careful not to move, careful not to wake me. though i'm awake already. he doesn't know that though.

"guys? what the-" he whisper shouted. "you're going to wake her up!"

"well... next time don't fall asleep together" tubbo replied, not trying to whisper anymore.

"well i didn't mean to!" ranboo sighed. "there's what.. 4 of you? don't you think that's a little bit weird?"

precisely what i said.

"no! it's not weird!" toby defended himself.

yes toby. it is weird. is what i wanted to say.

"why are you coming into athenas room anyway?" ranboo relaxed himself slightly, and sank himself back into the pillow behind him.

"i was looking for you, and then karl heard me laughing, then george heard karl laughing. and-"

"yeah. i get the point"

"you guys are just so cute!!" tubbo exclaimed.

"don't say that" ranboo cringed and tensed up again.

"what!! you are!"

"who's cute?" i mumbled, my eyes still closed.

everybody went silent.

"okay then" i chuckled quietly.

"you! and him!" tubbo laughed, and i opened my eyes to see him pointing at us.

"mmhm" i breathed , not bothering to move.

"how long have you been awake?" ranboo asked me.

just as i was about to answer, he stroked his hand over my hair in a tender movement.

suddenly, reality sunk in faster than ever and i snapped my eyes open again.

"uh" i stumbled on my words. "longer than you have been"

"ah" he nodded.

"yup. anyways" i took my head off his chest and he took his hand away from my hair.

"aw. you guys are no fun" toby sighed, disappointed.

i sat up so fast that i almost fell off the bed.

"uh are you okay?" ranboos voice was concerned.

then he placed a hand on my back.

(btw a/n everybody else had left the room at this point it's just ranboo and athena)

"uh mhm yep fine thanks" i laughed nervously as i stumbled clumsily off the bed.