forty-three<3

very short filler chapter

tw: sh

athena pov (two days after the kiss)

"i'll be back soon" ranboo smiled apologetically, dragging his suitcase behind him. "i promise you."

i just wrapped my arms around him gently, embracing everything about this hug. the way he smelled, the way his arms felt around me, the way he played with my hair.

ranboo is leaving the uk for a while because a family member of his is very sick, and he doesn't know if they'll make it.

i really hope that relative does make it, and i really hope that his family is okay.

i dropped my arms and pulled away from his body, immediately feeling the absence of his warmth more than usual. "i'm gonna miss you."

i looked up at his face, and i could see that he was fighting tears. that made me want to cry even more than i already was.

"you won't even notice i'm gone." he put cupped my face gently with his hand, and wiped the tears from under my eyes. "you're going to be okay."

i didn't reply, i just fake smiled.

i'm not going to be okay.

i'm already struggling.

and then he dropped his hand, and walked away.

timeskip to one week later from this.

it's so much more difficult than i anticipated, i miss him more than i thought i would.

he hasn't messaged me. i've messaged him though, everyday, saying that i hope he's okay and i hope his family is okay.

i sit here now, on my bed , wiping blood from one of my hands. ranboo told me not to do it again, but i didn't even mean to. it was an accident and i didn't even realise how hard i was pushing my nails into my skin until i looked down and saw the blood dripping.

i feel awful in myself. i can barely bring myself to get out of bed in the mornings and streaming is slowly becoming a chore. chat has  noticed that i'm not doing too good, so has sapnap and tubbo.

i just hope i'm not worrying then too much.

i just really miss him, you know?

425 words

this is a chapter just so yall understand how difficult it's been for athena while ranboo has been gone lol, it will make more sense in the next chapter. it's very muchly a filler idk i wrote it bc angst and so yall understand

i love yall sm have a good evening. chapter 44 will be out shortly! take care <3