Chapter 9:Yumeno Kyusaku

"Uh, I'm Y/n. Call me Y/n?" I say.

He chuckled, "you're funny!"

"Um, where are your parents?" I ask, looking around. "Are you even allowed to be talking to strangers?" I was surprised I encountered him.

"I haven't heard that one before!" He said.

"What do you mean...."

"Wanna play a game?" He asked in a sinister tone, he had an evil grin on his face.

"Like what?" I ask, "Tic Tac Toe? Rock Paper Scissors?"

"Huh?" He asked.

Atsushi Pov {3rd person}

"Where did Y/n go?" Atsushi asked looking around. "We've been waiting in front of the restroom for almost an hour."

"Then let's look around!" Dazai said and walked away, Atsushi caught up with him.

Y/n's Pov:

"Well.... I have to go now...." I sigh as I stand up.

"Aw man!"

"Bye bye, Q!" I wave.

"Bye!" He waved.

After a while of me looking for Dazai and Atsushi, I stop to see a red pocket knife in front of me.

It was a cherry red. It shined and I just couldn't stop staring at it.

"Someone might trip over this..... Wouldn't want to leave a pocket knife on the ground......" I mumble and slip it into my pocket.

"Y/n! We've been worried sick! Are you ok?"

I turn around and see Dazai and Atsushi. Dazai was waving.

I walk over to them.

"What took you so long?!" Dazai whined, "We thought we lost you."

"Oh," I mumble, "Sorry...." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"What were you doing this whole time?" Atsushi asked.

"Looking for you guys." I lied.

"Well, here's your tiger!" Dazai said while handing me the stuffed tiger.

"Oh, thank you!" I say, I almost completely forgot about the gift Dazai gave me. Wait a minute.... DAZAI GAVE ME A GIFT.

"Well, we should better go." Atsushi said,"It's getting late."

"Ya..." I say, watching the sun about to set.

After we left the carnival, we passed by the park. I then heard two familiar voices, laughing?

I look to my left and see F/n and Kunikida laughing while sitting on a bench. My eyes go wide. Dazai seemed to notice this. I walked closer and hid behind a tree. Dazai followed. Atsushi also did after him.

I peek behind the tree and see both of them still laughing.

"Maybe next time, don't leave your book for Dazai to get!" F/n said.

"Well, c'mon, I had my guard down!" Kunikida chuckled.

I blink twice and listen to them chat. I then remember something. 

Flashback:

"Ooooo~you got a crush~ what's his name?"

Flashback over:

Whenever I told her about Dazai....she fully supported me....  But whenever she's with Kunikida....I become selfish and not let her live her life...... Even though years have passed and I can't get used to her being an adult.... I still don't need to control her..... So much has changed.... She matured. Usually she's that one person at the table who'll start taking your food when your not looking or anything that a 9 year old would do.... But now.........

I bury my face into the stuffed tiger I'm holding. I feel tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

It's like I lost her.

I sighed and looked down.

"We should get going." I mumbled and walked away.

Atsushi Pov {3rd person}:

As Y/n walked away, Atsushi blinked in surprise and looked at Dazai.

"Why didn't she complain or anything?" Atsushi asked while looking at Dazai.

"I don't have a clue either." Dazai admitted. "But at least she's getting over it."

"Ya but..."

Dazai looked at him.

"She was wasting almost the entire day stressing about her friend being Kunikida's ideal woman. I just don't see how she calmed down so quickly."

Dazai looked ahead and smiled.

"Y/n's a special individual, you can say. Who knows what goes on in her mind." He said.

Atsushi also looked ahead. They followed right behind Y/n.