Chapter 51: Christmas Lights

I walk around Yokohama. The sun was already down. Everyone was walking around, enjoying the Christmas lights around them. It was snowing.

I smile and see a familiar face.

"Hey, Montgomery!" I wave to Lucy. "Over here!"

"You know, you're allowed to call me by my first name." Lucy  walks over to me.

"Oh... Sorry!" I say. "What are you doing out this late?"

"I could ask you the same question." She said.

"The lights." I say.

"My exact reason, also." She nods.

"Wanna look at them with me?" I ask her.

She smiles and nods.

We walk down Yokohama.

"They say that sometimes on Christmas, Krampus likes to haunt people." I look at her.

"Oh, c'mon! Are you serious? You actually believe that stuff?" She looks at me, "That German folktale?"

"It could be real..." I say.

She gives me a not convinced look. "I assume you believe in the Japanese ghost stories here then?"

"Yes, and back in America, there were tons of them. Haunted houses, Bloody Mary.."

"I'm from North America." She looks at me, "I've heard of them."

"Yeah, but something about the ghost stories in Japan really fascinate me." I say, "I heard you'll never forget meeting a ghost in Japan, they're the scariest."

"Like what?"

"Hanako-San, Sadako..."

"Okay, we're done with this topic." Lucy says. "Besides, it's Christmas, not Halloween."

"Good point." I sigh.

"If anything bothers me with Christmas folklore.... It's probably the whole 'Mistletoe' thing." She tells me.

"I don't get it either." I say. "If anything, I think it's just an excuse to kiss someone in public."

Lucy nods.

"But it does make me wonder, what's with the fruitcake tradition?" I ask.

"I have no idea." She says.

We continue walking.

"Wow, we can actually hold a conversation for a while." Lucy breaks the silence.

"I know, right?" I look at her, "Longest conversation I've had in a while where I didn't have to talk about work."

She nods.

"The other day, me and Yosano were making a gingerbread house, Atsushi accidentally ate the part where glue was on it."

She laughs, "Loser."

"Do you and Atsushi not get along?"

"I'm not answering that question." Lucy says.

"Understandable."

~Time Skip~
We walk around and spot B/n and.... HIGUCHI?!

"Oh my gosh." I say.

"Hm?" She looks at me. She looks at what I'm staring at. She blinked in surprise.

"I'm surprised my brother's talking to a girl...." I say. "That's not related to him."

I can tell Lucy was trying to hold in her laughter.